QB AT SOUTH GREENE

• Replies 25
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...
I think Jalen Shuffler would be a good qb fit for the wildcat offense. I see that being affective for the Rebels.

Yeah, but could the wildcat offense be ran consistantly in a high school game? Good defenses would be able to break that down very easily if that was the only thing the Rebels ran. Now if Shuffler has any kind of decent arm then it could be dangerous, which given the athlete he is, I'm sure the boy can throw to some capability. My guess is, with the way Shawn likes to spread things out, he will keep Shuffler where he was last year and find someone else who can throw it down field. Like I said before, I think it will be Donahue.

• 2 weeks later...

I would say there best option is to put jaylen at qb. Your qb should always be your best athlete on the team. Donahue did a good job at tightend last year keep him there. With the wildcat you can have jaylen throw or pass. You can always find a runningback. Trey Hanny would be a good back. Do whats best for the team in my opinion this is it.

• 1 month later...

I'm going to go with J for the quarterback job. He has a little experience there and i see Colin staying in a TE, FB, Split-end kind of player. Tra Haney proved last year he can run the ball. I think an option would be very effective with J at QB and Tra at RB. Let's just see how it plays out tho...

jaylen will be very effective regardless of where he plays . he is a great competitor , athlete and young man and probably doesnt want to go to qb but if thats what the coaches decide he will give it his all. he will do whatever is best for his team. colin was being groomed for the job but had a great year at te and i see them leaving him there. the downside to that is j will graduate and rebs be faced with the same what to do question the following year

• 1 month later...
I heard through the rumor mill, and just based on rumor. Thata the success Jaylyn has had in baseball this year he wasn't going to play football next year. Like I said, don't burn me up on this one, just a rumor.

Yup thats totally true. So when you see the new and imporved athlete, that worked his butt off all off-season, wearing number 1 don't mistake him for J.