Humboldt 2010 Predictions?

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Humboldt WILL have the best RB in West TN next year in Quan Campbell. He will be the most explosive and mobile RB. I honestly think he could be better than Kennon Holder if Campbell can get his offensive line to block for him.

From what i am getting out of Humboldt is that they will be very good. They lose a good qb in Dunbar but have all of their backfield returning! I was told they would have more kids out this year also. That will be a big welcome. Last year that hurt them with no depth! The word is they will run alot of option plays this year! With Campbell,Harris and Quan,s little brother all back. The offense will be set! Beef it up on defense should be a good year for the Vikings! Bland is a good coach he is the best coach HBT has had since Tucker! As with any team Humboldt has success with a good coach i think Bland is the man to finally get HBT back on the map as they once were a power in their class! Kimble will also play a little WR next year because of his size! Let me mention Peabody they should be much improved and could make a run at the dictrict. Although they will still be fairly young! Should be a very exciting for the district next year! Hope someone can represent the district as well as UC has done!! Some think it's to early to talk football! I know BB season is at hand but never to early to talk football to me! :thumb:

What do we see for the HBT Mighty Vikings?

Humboldt should be able to hold their own this coming year! Third year coach Dan Bland has got better each year. Humboldt has all but Dunbar returning in the backfield! Their OL will need some work and if they can stay away from injuries they will be a good football team! With plyers like Mclilly,Harris, Campbell and Kimble returning as always they will be loaded with athletes. Dunbar will be missed but from what i have heard they have got a kid taking his place that is a very good athlete! Hasn't got the size of Dunbar but is quicker and very mobile! He is Zack Shepard and they say he is very talented! If they have just a little more depth this year they could make a deep run into the playoffs! Only time will tell! :oops:

• 5 weeks later...

Yes Humboldt has some big shoes too fill losing Dunbar. HBT had 3 out of 6 or 7 all district players that will be back next year so that shows a little of what HBT has got.

Ward will be a Sr. next year

Dunbar is gone

Parker is gone

Cambell will be a Sr. next year

Harrold is gone

Wedley will be a Jr. next year

Montague is gone

tell me if i missed someone cause im not sure if there were a few extra

Yes Humboldt has some big shoes too fill losing Dunbar. HBT had 3 out of 6 or 7 all district players that will be back next year so that shows a little of what HBT has got.

Dunbar is gone

Parker is gone

Harrold is gone

Montague is gone

Thats about right Bland will have to fine someway to rebuild the OL. Hopefully they will have more depth this year if so that will help alot! Because sometimes you need depth more than size! If they have more depth it will win you many ballgames! Their backfeild will be absolutely loaded! HBT will have plenty of depth in the backfield! Lots of speed if the Ol is shored up HBT will be hard to handle! I look for them to be ok and make a run this year! Spring training is on the way we will soon see! They also have a good group coming up from middle school! HBT only lost 7 seniors they will be fine!

• 1 month later...

Dunbar is gone

Parker is gone

Harrold is gone

Montague is gone

Thats about right Bland will have to fine someway to rebuild the OL. Hopefully they will have more depth this year if so that will help alot! Because sometimes you need depth more than size! If they have more depth it will win you many ballgames! Their backfeild will be absolutely loaded! HBT will have plenty of depth in the backfield! Lots of speed if the Ol is shored up HBT will be hard to handle! I look for them to be ok and make a run this year! Spring training is on the way we will soon see! They also have a good group coming up from middle school! HBT only lost 7 seniors they will be fine!

Well nobody has heard anything else out of Humboldt? Someone give us some updates when u hear anything? :thumb:

• 4 weeks later...

Dunbar is gone

Parker is gone

Harrold is gone

Montague is gone

Well nobody has heard anything else out of Humboldt? Someone give us some updates when u hear anything? :roflol:

Pretty much the same in Humboldt haven't heard much lately. Know alot of people from Humboldt they are not saying alot either. Let us know about some scrimmages coming up! I know they have some in may but don't know who! :thumb:

• 3 weeks later...

Well i was in Medina last night my grandaughter plays softball there! Her coach by the way she had two hits and drove in 2 runs just thought i would throw that in lol! I talked :lol: to one of the coaches that helps with the HBT football team. He said they would be a force in 2A this year. He said there numbers were up and that they were pretty solid across the board. The depth in the backfield was deep and they could play 5 to 6 backs. The way he talk HBT,Peabody and Mckenzie should all three be tough in 2A! I luv high school football no matter who i watch play! I hate to rush my time up but i been glad when it starts! I can't hardly wait! It's just right around the corner we will soon see! Good luck!! :roflol:

• 2 months later...

Humboldt scrimmaged Bolivar last night and the Vikings were absolutely dominant! I don't really know if the Vikes defense is just THAT good or if Bolivars offense is just that bad. The Backers were in the backfield all night with many tackles for loses. The offense was pretty good as well will a couple long break away TD runs. Next scrimmage is this Friday @ USJ I believe. Then it will be time for the Jamboree & the Vikings will play Dyersburg @ Dyersburg.