Marshall Co-Mont Central

Tigercatchr

• Replies 14
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

the feild was a mess,it was muddy and the players were covered in mud from head to toe.MCHS's football team is definatlly the underdogs this year,their new coach has improved them beyond belief and the team is 1000% better this year than last year.they put up a good fight and shut marshall county down,turnovers and a slippery ball cost them.Good effert to both teams.Central may end up on top this year,u never know :)

THE FIELD WAS A MESS AND CENTRAL DID GIVE MARSHALL A FEW BREAKS EARLY. MARSHALL IS STILL A QUALITY TEAM WITH STRONG PERSONAL AND THEY LOST SOME SUPER RUNNING BACKS TO GRADUATION THIS YEAR. CENTRAL HAS IMPROVED 100% SINCE LAST YEAR UNDER NEW HEAD COACH RICKY RAY. THE HEAD COACH THE LAST TWO SEASONS WAS A JOKE WHO HAD NO BUSINESS COACHING A PEEWEE FOOTBALL TEAM. CENTRAL HAD QUALITY PLAYERS THE LAST TWO YEARS BUT ALSO HAD A COACH WITHOUT A CLUE. THAT INCLUDED SIX SENIORS STARTERS WHO DIDN'T RETURN OR QUIT BEFORE THE SEASON STARTED LAST YEAR. SCHOOL ADMINISTRATORS SHOULDN'T HIRE FRIENDS AS COACHES WHEN THEY'RE NOT QUALIFIED.

MCHSBaller-

What world are you living in saying Marshall County got shut down and Mont. Central would of won if it wasn't for tournovers and a slippery ball.Do you think the ball wasn't as wet or their was a big umbrella over just the tigers.The conditions were the same for both teams.If I was you i would be happy that it was raining because if it wasn't Im positive Marshall County would of dominated.Mario Davis(#4),RB with a 4.4 40, wasn't even in the game as not to risk an injury.Im sure if Marshall County was worried about this game they would of been more agressive.Actually, our coach wanted to punt starting on 3rd down just to give the ball back to you all deep in your own zone because you wern't moving it to well. And when we did punt, our punter was hit twice after clearly kicking the ball and both times no penalty was called.But Marshall county was able to prevail over the elements and take the "W"

MCBASEBALL-Ive been watching the same team as you for the past 5 years.Im saying that last year,with proper coaching,our team could have maybe even gone to state.but we have had a bunch of raw talent,and the coach couldnt bring that out,and made us look bad,I agree w/ you whole heartedly,and in my opinion,they do look 100%(i said 1000 b4 b/c it was a typo)better,b/c of proper coaching.And let me add you are absolutely right about the AD Hiring her friends instead of someone qualified,its happened to many times and is ruining the athletics program w/ the exeptions of coach McClain,Young,Dunn,and now hood and Ray,which explain where our winning seasons lie.but do realize everyone has a different opinion.

TO THE OTHER GUY-yeah,the conditions were the same for both teams,but marshall seemed to handle them better.as i see it,its a central fans opinion vs marshall co fan's.i think im right you think you are,unfortunalty we'll never know what would have happened if it had been dry.and by sayin we shut them down,the score that night cold have bee 50-7,and it wasnt b/c centrals defense was unstopable,the offense could have been better.but the defense was great,could have been better also,not saying top notch,but was great. ;)

Posted by mchsballer:

MCBASEBALL-Ive been watching the same team as you for the past 5 years.Im saying that last year,with proper coaching,our team could have maybe even gone to state.but we have had a bunch of raw talent,and the coach couldnt bring that out,and made us look bad,I agree w/ you whole heartedly,and in my opinion,they do look 100%(i said 1000 b4 b/c it was a typo)better,b/c of proper coaching.And let me add you are absolutely right about the AD Hiring her friends instead of someone qualified,its happened to many times and is ruining the athletics program w/ the exeptions of coach McClain,Young,Dunn,and now hood and Ray,which explain where our winning seasons lie.but do realize everyone has a different opinion.

TO THE OTHER GUY-yeah,the conditions were the same for both teams,but marshall seemed to handle them better.as i see it,its a central fans opinion vs marshall co fan's.i think im right you think you are,unfortunalty we'll never know what would have happened if it had been dry.and by sayin we shut them down,the score that night cold have bee 50-7,and it wasnt b/c centrals defense was unstopable,the offense could have been better.but the defense was great,could have been better also,not saying top notch,but was great. ;)

I'll agree with you on the coaching situation. All you have to do is look at the choice for girls softball. Rocky Nunn is a complete joke as a coach and the girls softball team deserves better. But when friends get jobs when there are better qualified applicants at the school it proves the point.

No matter the conditions Marshall County was the dominant team. I understand that you never know what could have happened if it wasn't raining. But I hate to say this but Marshall County probably would have killed Mont. Central if weather conditions were better. And Mont. Central had an edge without Mario Davis. But Darryl Henry and Marshall County's other running backs just took care of Mont. Central! And I will add that Marshall had plenty of penalties that could have helped Mont. Central.

Posted by tigerette:

No matter the conditions Marshall County was the dominant team. I understand that you never know what could have happened if it wasn't raining. But I hate to say this but Marshall County probably would have killed Mont. Central if weather conditions were better. And Mont. Central had an edge without Mario Davis. But Darryl Henry and Marshall County's other running backs just took care of Mont. Central! And I will add that Marshall had plenty of penalties that could have helped Mont. Central.

THERE'S NO DOUBT MARSHALL HAS BEEN THE DOMINANT TEAM IN OUR REGION FOR A WHILE. THEY WILL WIN THE REGION AGAIN THIS YEAR. BUT THEY WERE NOT AS IMPRESSIVE AS IN YEARS PAST. IT WAS A SLOPPY GAME ON BOTH SIDES AND THE OFFICIATING WAS PITIFUL BUT NORMAL FOR OUR GAMES. IF WE PLAYED ON A DRY SURFACE THE OUTCOME WOULD HAVE BEEN THE SAME. THAT'S THE DIFFERENCE IN AN ESTABLISHED POWERHOUSE AND A TEAM THAT'S JUST STARTING TO GET ON THE RIGHT TRACK. MAYBE WITH 2 OR 3 YEARS WITH THE CURRENT COACHING STAFF WE CAN BUILD A QUALITY PROGRAM. ALOT OF SCHOOLS WOULD LOVE TO HAVE A PROGRAM COMPARABLE TO MARSHALL. I HOPE OURS WILL REACH THAT LEVEL SOMEDAY. IF THE ATHLETIC ADMIN. DOESN'T DO ANYTHING TO SCREW IT UP WE MIGHT HAVE A CHANCE.