Westview and Gibson County (thoughts)

WHSChargerFanatic

lovesbball, I was just saying that if Aubrey isn't able to play Tuesday night, we'll still have 5 players on the floor that are still capable of playing and winning the game. I would much rather have Aubrey playing. As for the refs, they were absolutely ridiculous. The double dribble they called on her was absolutely crazy too. She was dribbling up court and all the sudden whistle blows and they call double dribble. It was wild. I have a feeling she's about to go off in the Westview game.

Greenfield, I wasn't upset.

Purple, Reedy will play Tuesday night. It wasn't a serious injury.

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I hope we make it. We still have some very tough teams in front of us in Districts and Regionals. We have Obion Co., Westview, and Haywood who all pose threats in the District. We have those 3 plus Bolivar and Liberty in the Regionals. This years road to the 'boro will be tougher than last years. We didn't have to worry about Bolivar until the state tournaments. Good Luck to Livingston this year!

Greenfieldfan, you're obviously clueless about our region. We'll have to possibly meet up with Bolivar who would most likely be in the 'boro this year had they not been in our region. Yes, we've killed them once already. However, they were without Matreika Minter. That team is alot more athletic than us. Liberty is playing some good basketball as of late. I'm not worried about them as much as I am Bolivar. However, they're still capable of winning a big basketball game with their 2 D1 post and their solid guard play around them. Usually in the region tournament it's all 4 13AA teams in the semi's. It won't be that way this year. Our region is much tougher than last year. Just because we're Gibson Co. doesn't make us invincible.

Whats your deal! Believe it or not I do keep up with 13AA and 13AA is not near as tough top to bottom this year as it has been the last 4 or 5 years. Remember when Milan, Dyersburg, Westview, Gibson County, Obion County all were pretty equal, that was a tough district. Your toughest game this year is tomorrow night. The next Obion game will be a good game for awhile but its at Gibson County. You make every game sound like there's a chance GC could lose but Gibson County has 4 tough games on their regular season schedule (Obion twice and Westview twice) this year. Tell those people in east and middle Tennessee how hard of a schedule you have. Have a good day!

LOL, hold up..... I'm not talking about regular season! I said the road to the 'boro will be much tougher than last year, which is true believe it or not. We'll have to face either Westview, Liberty, Bolivar Central or Obion Central in the REGION tournament. All 4 of those teams are capable of beating us if we don't come to play. They all throw a different type of team at us and all 4 teams will bring everything they have to knock us off. You don't read what I type on here. I never said anything about our district in my previous post besides Westview, OC, and Haywood. I said REGION.

"Usually in the region tournament it's all 4 13AA teams in the semi's. It won't be that way this year."

That was a post by me in my previous post. To sum that sentence up for you, I'm meaning it'll be 2 13AA teams and 2 14AA teams or it will be 3 13AA teams and 1 14AA team.

I'm not trying to argue with you or prove you right or wrong on here. From what I hear, you're a great person. Congrats to your Yellowjackets tonight and good luck to you guys this season!

I misunderstood, I'm thinking district. 13AA still have the three best teams I think in the region. I dont see Gibson County having much trouble after tomorrow night all the way to Murfreesboro. Anybody can be beat so you play one game at a time. Were you at our game tonight?

Only thing about this is.... Liberty has already beaten Obion Co. by 2 @ Liberty earlier this year. Also, Westview doesn't match up well with real athletic teams such as Bolivar (refer back to last years 7 point win over NS. Westview had problems in that game. NS and Bolivar are alike.), however they have beaten Liberty once this year by about 15. The region tournaments will be very interesting for all teams and will be a great tournament on girls and boys side. I've heard that it's going to be held at the Oman Arena and I've heard regionals will be at Lexington. Has anyone heard?

Gibson Co. defeated Westview tonight 57-45. Gibson Co. controlled the game from start to finish. Amber Rechis got hot in the second half and kept her team in it. Reedy dominated inside and led GC with 23 points, I believe. GC had 4 players in double figures tonight with Reedy, Haynes, Butler and Griffin. Great job! Good Luck to Westview and I'm sure we'll be seeing you guys again soon!