Hillwood Football Position

Veer

Scott is an excellent coach. To be a good offensive guy you also need to understand defenses. Scott is very good on both sides of the ball.He could be a defensive coordinator if he did not have one on his staff. If you are good on offense you also keep your defense off the field for more than 3 plays. Did you ever think about that mindless. Just so you will know he is also good with special teams,weight and conditioning programs, practice organization, motivation,discipline,equipment and cloth maintenance and any other aspect necessary to be a good Head Coach.

Has batman come back on line?

• Replies 98
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It looks like at least two experienced head coaches are in the running for Hillwood. Atkins and Smith plus a couple of metro assistants will be the leading candidates. Both are good offensive coaches and Hillwood needs someone with experience. My question is why would anyone want to go to Hillwood at this time? Most of their athletes will be bused back to the northside of the river. The top westside athletes end up at the ABC privates and there is little financial support.

Why would anyone want to coach at Hillwood.....the economy sucks and people need a job. The extra money helps. At Hillwood the only direction to go is up. You cant get any worse so there arent many expectations. You have to start somewhere. This could be a good place for an assistant or a middle school coach or something like that looking for experience. It could also be a good way for someone on the outside to get his foot in the door like Atkins or Smith. However if I am Atkins or Smith I might would rather be at the Creek or Maplewood if it opens up.

Scott is an excellent coach. To be a good offensive guy you also need to understand defenses. Scott is very good on both sides of the ball.He could be a defensive coordinator if he did not have one on his staff. If you are good on offense you also keep your defense off the field for more than 3 plays. Did you ever think about that mindless. Just so you will know he is also good with special teams,weight and conditioning programs, practice organization, motivation,discipline,equipment and cloth maintenance and any other aspect necessary to be a good Head Coach.

You should change your username to clueless?

Powercat,

How do you know Scott Smith was offered the Warren County job in the past?

You should change your username to clueless?

It looks like at least two experienced head coaches are in the running for Hillwood. Atkins and Smith plus a couple of metro assistants will be the leading candidates. Both are good offensive coaches and Hillwood needs someone with experience. My question is why would anyone want to go to Hillwood at this time? Most of their athletes will be bused back to the northside of the river. The top westside athletes end up at the ABC privates and there is little financial support.

What is Atkins' background? Smith is a respected coach within the coaching community imo and most know his background. Coach Darnell has been coaching at Hillwood for a few years, is he in the running? What about Robert Brown? He is in the building and has coaching experience.

What is Atkins' background? Smith is a respected coach within the coaching community imo and most know his background. Coach Darnell has been coaching at Hillwood for a few years, is he in the running? What about Robert Brown? He is in the building and has coaching experience.

You are the most qualified person in metro to be the coach at Hillwood. Are you not up to the challenge? This way you can prove how good a coach you are.

I didn't become a coach to "prove" anything to myself or anyone else. I became a coach in order to give back to the game that I love and that was so good to me. I became a coach to grow young men and teach them the valuable lessons that this great sport provides. I currently have other opportunities that i must pursue that will better affect my family rather than take the challenge that Hillwood is. I feel like i am lucky to have coached with many quality people and coaches through the years and have been involved in several successfull seasons at multiple schools. Good luck to the big green in Topperland!

I didn't become a coach to "prove" anything to myself or anyone else. I became a coach in order to give back to the game that I love and that was so good to me. I became a coach to grow young men and teach them the valuable lessons that this great sport provides. I currently have other opportunities that i must pursue that will better affect my family rather than take the challenge that Hillwood is. I feel like i am lucky to have coached with many quality people and coaches through the years and have been involved in several successfull seasons at multiple schools. Good luck to the big green in Topperland!

Are you saying you never wanted to be a head coach?What better way to do the things you say. Why does everyone use family as an excuse to not take a job or get out of coaching? Good luck in your other opportunities. Prove may have been the incorrect word,but maybe is the best word to use to determine if someone is capable to be a head coach. It does not take any more time to be the head coach as it does to be a very good assistant. Hope the best for you. Just thought with your experience you would be the most qualified candidate,maybe I was wrong.

It does not take any more time to be the head coach as it does to be a very good assistant. Hope the best for you. Just thought with your experience you would be the most qualified candidate,maybe I was wrong.

wish all assistants thought like that --- also, wish all coaches had 12NCS's class and didn't stay in coaching when the drive wasn't there --- there are some that just collect a check, as little as it may be like players that just take up a jersey