103 - Matthew Overton (I) pin Alan Bekhtyar (F) 1:14

112 - Jordan Bradley (F) pin Justin Barnard (I) 4:50

119 - Ernie Overton (I) dec Alex Bennett (F) 6-1

125 - Brad Compton (F) pin Caleb Little (I) 3:20

• Replies 20
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This score suprises me a little. Obviously with Burge this is a much closer dual. Congrats to the Rebels on a big win. What really impressed me about FHS is that they help Indy's big guns ( Cox and Newberg) only to decisions.

Bennet was ranked 6th, and had just beaten the 3 in state at the Brentwood, and Shrader was 2 in the state. So they should have been close matches.

wrestling god you need to remember one thing, even though they are fun rankings are just rankings they really do not hold much weight. Indy's two studs needed to score bonus points to win the dual and the rebels did not let them. On the flip side Franklin did score bonus points in the matches they needed to case in point, (not a personal attack) but your brother getting pinned, isnt he in the rankings?

wrestling god you need to remember one thing, even though they are fun rankings are just rankings they really do not hold much weight. Indy's two studs needed to score bonus points to win the dual and the rebels did not let them. On the flip side Franklin did score bonus points in the matches they needed to case in point, (not a personal attack) but your brother getting pinned, isnt he in the rankings?

no he is not actually, compton is though. and it was a close match, when he got pinned too, 7-8 caleb was winning then got pinned.

This score suprises me a little. Obviously with Burge this is a much closer dual. Congrats to the Rebels on a big win. What really impressed me about FHS is that they help Indy's big guns ( Cox and Newberg) only to decisions.

I get where you're coming from, however John Shrader and Zach Bennett are both very good wrestlers. Franklin expected them to go in and win both of these matches. Not to take anything away from McCoy or Brennen, both are exceptionally good wrestlers, but the Franklin's guys goal is to always win, not to keep a close loss.

no he is not actually, compton is though. and it was a close match, when he got pinned too, 7-8 caleb was winning then got pinned.

Not that I am picking on your brother here, but this match was never close. Compton took him down 3 times and chose to let him up twice in the first period. Yes Caleb did score two takedowns in the 2nd, but the score was 9-6 Compton when he stuck him. Please don't post inaccuracies on here.

Not that I am picking on your brother here, but this match was never close. Compton took him down 3 times and chose to let him up twice in the first period. Yes Caleb did score two takedowns in the 2nd, but the score was 9-6 Compton when he stuck him. Please don't post inaccuracies on here.

HA, I have the tape proving otherwise. Compton took him down three times in the first, Little got two escapes, 6-2, Little had two takedowns in the second AND two nearfall points, compton had one escape, 8-7, I have the tape if youd like to see it. Not saying Brad didnt deserve this win, he was way more aggressive from Caleb fromt the get go, and ultimately thats what won him the match, doing anything to win. You cant wrestle not to lose like Caleb did. Brad is an awesome wrestler and Cale will see him again in the region finals! Good job Franklin and good luck in the region duals tourney!!

Thad,

Hate to break your heart but I just reviewed the Compton/Little match myself and I'm not sure what match you were watching but here are the facts....Compton took Little down 3x in the 1st period and cut him twice to restart at neutral giving Little 2 points. Second period, yes Little did take Compton down 2x, but absolutely NO nearfall points were awarded to Little so it is impossible for your interpretation of the score to be accurate. Sorry bud but the score before Compton pinned little at exactly 3 minutes 20 seconds into the match was a solid 9-6, no ifs ands or buts. I will post the video on YouTube so you can see it for yourself.

Ok, I want to tell you guys that my brother does get on here and read this, so to go as far as to say "It wasnt even close" and stuff along those lines is humiliating to him. If you were there you saw what happened shortly after his loss, without going into details, he was broken. So do you really think that posting a video of a senior beating a sophomore is going to accomplish more than break the spirit of a 15 year old kid? Theres no need to post it on youtube, we have a copy here at our house and he has already watched it three or four times.

Ok, I want to tell you guys that my brother does get on here and read this, so to go as far as to say "It wasnt even close" and stuff along those lines is humiliating to him. If you were there you saw what happened shortly after his loss, without going into details, he was broken. So do you really think that posting a video of a senior beating a sophomore is going to accomplish more than break the spirit of a 15 year old kid? Theres no need to post it on youtube, we have a copy here at our house and he has already watched it three or four times.

He is only offering to post the video for the sake of the argument. Nobody is trashing your brother or trying to rub it in. We all know how difficult the sport is and how it feels to lose a big match, but if you are going to argue about a match that your brother lost your going to have to expect people to express their opinions about the match.