Stacy Carter new Science Hill Football Coach

NETFan

Now that it's official, I'll ask again on this thread ....

Just wondering, does PO3 stay on as DC and does Stacy coach the QB's? As we know R.Ferrell has always been selfish about coaching the QB position. Does he get out of coaching football or will Stacy tolerate him wanting to coach the QB's? This should be interesting to see how it plays out with the current SHHS assistant coaches. Shake Up!

No one answered your query. That's because no one knows. We can only speculate. But one things for sure. Stacy will have a rough go of it. If all he is bringing with him is Ralph then there will be a lot of posturing. He will be forced to work with the staff as is. And this staff is tired of playing Misti. Stacy has his work cut out for him. If he could have brought everyone he asked for then it would be pie. Not gonna be like that. And for him to give up coaching the QB's? His decision on this will be pivotal. It could cause wildfire. This decision will determine if the staff supports him or not. And I guarantee you he is already talking to Overbay to try and reverse his decision. The man knows defense. Science Hill didn't have much but they always had a decent D.

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I said when it was first mentioned,that S.Carter would bolt to the Hill cause its a money thing,just like Kiffin did.Can't blame him.SH will rise to the top now.Clark at DB has to be worried.The one and done King is probably already looking for a new playbook.

As far as the post about glory,blood and guts,I'm with the guy that said,thats a BS post,how true.It is

only HS football,not the civil war,or any other war.

You're wrong ET. And so are the other posters. I might be a bit dramatic in getting my point across but the core of my post is spot on. Stacy's goal was to make it so much more than HS football. That's how he won the athletes. That's how he got back all the ones who had quit when they were Frosh. That's how he won all the parents. He made it more than just a game. He made it a philosophy. And that is the only way he will win at the Hill. Yes, yes, it is only high school football. And that attitude is what is wrong with the Centrals, the Easts, and yes the Science Hills as it were. Ask Elizabethton, Greeneville, Daniel Boone etc. Such is the problem with our society. Everything is taken for granted. Well not so for the kids that have played for Carter. Let 911 happen again. Let this country be invaded and war breaks out. Is it then you will teach your boys to be men? Might be a bit too late then. I'm right. 100% Right.

Wow..............I am mooooved :popcorneater:

I said when it was first mentioned,that S.Carter would bolt to the Hill cause its a money thing,just like Kiffin did.Can't blame him.SH will rise to the top now.Clark at DB has to be worried.The one and done King is probably already looking for a new playbook.

As far as the post about glory,blood and guts,I'm with the guy that said,thats a BS post,how true.It is

only HS football,not the civil war,or any other war.

You're wrong ET. And so are the other posters. I might be a bit dramatic in getting my point across but the core of my post is spot on. Stacy's goal was to make it so much more than HS football. That's how he won the athletes. That's how he got back all the ones who had quit when they were Frosh. That's how he won all the parents. He made it more than just a game. He made it a philosophy. And that is the only way he will win at the Hill. Yes, yes, it is only high school football. And that attitude is what is wrong with the Centrals, the Easts, and yes the Science Hills as it were. Ask Elizabethton, Greeneville, Daniel Boone etc. Such is the problem with our society. Everything is taken for granted. Well not so for the kids that have played for Carter. Let 911 happen again. Let this country be invaded and war breaks out. Is it then you will teach your boys to be men? Might be a bit too late then. I'm right. 100% Right.

Wow..............I am mooooved :popcorneater:

Jack, you are very adept at making my posts look foolish. You are quick and very intelligent...I give you this. But, you have no business bashing me when I speak from the heart. Not many of my posts say anything of importance but some do. And this is one. And deep down you know your Indians could use a dose of the same thing. They reached deep down when they beat the Rebels this past season. The only time the whole year they played from the heart. A little Rebel philosophy for the Indians? I'd say they could use something.

As far as the post about glory,blood and guts,I'm with the guy that said,thats a BS post,how true that is.It is only HS football,not the civil war or any other war.

PLEEEESE! :popcorneater: You people need to get a grip on it. To start with lets set the record straight about Clark being the one and done King. He's not even in the top 10 in that catagory. South has more first round loses than does DB (fact), and there would be alot more local coaches with more first round loses if only they could win enough games to even get in the playoffs of keep their job more than 3 years. "Clark at DB has to be worried" Oh yeah, I guess you got me there. He will be going up against a coach who he has never lost to at a school that he has beat for about 17 years in a row. Why would anybody even hint that Clark would be worried? DB is going to be loaded for the next three years. Carter will be back at South after that. Bet on it. :)

Comp.....You are right and I apologise. And yes DB could use a big dose. They used to have it but lost it somewhere along the way.

ps: did I spell "apologise'" correct? I hardly ever use that word :popcorneater:

OMG! Did you see that? I made Mike Winchell smile. That's probably the only time you gonna see Mike Winchell smile all year. Yeah...I'm special now.

Jack appologize? No! Never! Not on the T! That is a first! Monica...where you at? Put on that Blue dress with the stain on it. We going to the Hill and smoke some ceegars. We gonna watch Stacy set fire to that boat they got with the hole in it. And that Gilligan hat...I think the committee agreed to take Stacy if Turner would wear that hat at all 'Topper home games. Who knows...maybe we come back and go visit Jack at the K-Mart parking lot.

Graham Clark was afraid of the SHHS hire, but not anymore. They hired Carter instead of Turner.

May be true. I think Turner was the last Science Hill coach to beat DB. I think Turner was the head coach for only two years at the Hill and made good playoff runs both years. His stats at Carson Newman are off the charts. I'd say Clark is not the only coach that can sleep a little easier now. Having said that I still don't think there is the support in Johnson City to have a succesful football program. Carter is a very good guy and a pretty good coach by upper east tn. standards, but his statement in the Johnson City Press artical "This City Needs Football", is very telling. If you have to come into a town and tell people they need football then you might have problems. I mean, football has been around for a long time. They spent millions trying to force ETSU football down these peoples throat and look how that turned out. There are alot of athletes in Johnson City. Basketball athletes. Its a Basketball town. I know its weird. There are alot of athletes at Riverdale. Football athletes. Ever see Riverdale at the basketball state tournment? Oak Ridge is a football town. They could care less about basketball. Go figure. Also notice that in the artical they mention Dobyns Bennett "4" times. Carter will get three tries to get a win over DB. The Indians will be loaded for the next three years. You do the math.