Stacy Carter new Science Hill Football Coach

NETFan

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'll have to say FB,if ETSU had a team this year,a few of your boys would{SHOULD} get a free ride there.I really liked your defense this year and that one kid earned everything he got as defensive player of the year in our conference.

Oh I absolutely agree with you. If you took Tallman, Phillips, Garvin, Shropshire, Duncan....etc and put them on a team you SHOULD be able to produce something. I haven't heard much about people ni the conference being signed or going places, but I hope that he goes somewhere because he has definitely earned it.

Don't know the validity of it but I heard Tallman is going to VA Tech.

He should do well there if he can get in the rotation. All they had him doing in the east west game was blocking, and you and I know from experience that if he gets the ball he can pound some yards down. Seemed like your alls Garvin was in there a lot at middle linebacker. He didn't have the best of games but I saw him twice this year and I know he can bring it, CN seems like it would be a good place for him to go.

And speaking of CN, you really do get the local flavor at that school. If ETSU were to go back into the leagues, would they still be DI-AA or would they maybe have to drop to D2? I really don't know the rules to how colleges are classified.

Hmmm...ETSU really does have too many students not to have a good football team (when they were there)....a curse in JC? :popcorneater:

I'll have to say FB,if ETSU had a team this year,a few of your boys would{SHOULD} get a free ride there.I really liked your defense this year and that one kid earned everything he got as defensive player of the year in our conference.

Oh I absolutely agree with you. If you took Tallman, Phillips, Garvin, Shropshire, Duncan....etc and put them on a team you SHOULD be able to produce something. I haven't heard much about people ni the conference being signed or going places, but I hope that he goes somewhere because he has definitely earned it.

I know of a few.With the Hope and so many other ways to get into school,I think a kid really has to love the game to continue to play.My son has zero interest in playing beyond DB,and just wants to go on to school.One in a million will make money playing football,so school is the main thing if a kid plays on or "retires" after highschool.I would love to see a team loaded with local kids at State.That would be a great way for all of us to pull for the same team after the friday night lights were turned off.

Bringing football back to ETSU is a pipe dream. It ain't never gonna' happen. Theres less support for it now than there was when they killed it. Theres two many liberals/progressives in high places who will never let football back in. Its just not part of their agenda. Most football fans in this area will head for Knoxville or Blacksburg on Saturday morning. During the years of football at ETSU you would have more people on a saturday in the local pubs watching the VOLS than you would have at a home ETSU game. So they would be competing with the Hokies and Vols for fans. No way they win that battle.

Bringing football back to ETSU is a pipe dream. It ain't never gonna' happen. Theres less support for it now than there was when they killed it. Theres two many liberals/progressives in high places who will never let football back in. Its just not part of their agenda. Most football fans in this area will head for Knoxville or Blacksburg on Saturday morning. During the years of football at ETSU you would have more people on a saturday in the local pubs watching the VOLS than you would have at a home ETSU game. So they would be competing with the Hokies and Vols for fans. No way they win that battle.

I'd say your right Waco,but as for myself,I would just as soon drive to Johnson City and see the local boys play as go to Knoxville now days.I used to love the Vols,but could become a ETSU fan if it were to ever happen.

I'd say your right Waco,but as for myself,I would just as soon drive to Johnson City and see the local boys play as go to Knoxville now days.I used to love the Vols,but could become a ETSU fan if it were to ever happen.

Hey don't give up on the Vols Batman. Four years ago Alabama was in much worse shape, and you see what they did this year.

WaCo right,comp WrOnG on this one. All you have to do is listen to ETSU AD Dave Mullins on the Morning Monster on Tues mornings to understand that football is not in their plans. A new basketball arena and new baseball stadium are.It will always be frowned upon because of the financial deficits the old program was running "under. Unless a Jim Haslam like figure antes up several million to "run" a college football program it ain't happenin.

WaCo right,comp WrOnG on this one. All you have to do is listen to ETSU AD Dave Mullins on the Morning Monster on Tues mornings to understand that football is not in their plans. A new basketball arena and new baseball stadium are.It will always be frowned upon because of the financial deficits the old program was running "under. Unless a Jim Haslam like figure antes up several million to "run" a college football program it ain't happenin.

It couls happen....Niswonger did it at Tusculum.

It couls happen....Niswonger did it at Tusculum.

We need a Niswonger in JC...wait better yet we need a Niswonger in Gray so we can have a nice turf stadium.