Does Anyone care about Div II A????

Bigkid2

• Replies 17
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Back to the topic of Div II Class A

There are some big games involving the current top 2 teams (east/west) this week.

FRA(#2) faces DCA tonight and Davidson (#1) faces USN Friday.

Will they continue to roll or can DCA and/or USN pull off the upsets? What can we expect from from these games regarding matchups? etc.....

Back to the topic of Div II Class A

There are some big games involving the current top 2 teams (east/west) this week.

FRA(#2) faces DCA tonight and Davidson (#1) faces USN Friday.

Will they continue to roll or can DCA and/or USN pull off the upsets? What can we expect from from these games regarding matchups? etc.....

DCA over FRA would not necessarily be an upset. FRA beat them early in the season but DCA didn't have one of their key starters. FRA and DCA coaches are both very good coaches and very good friends. It is always a good game and should be tonight. If you have nothing to do it would be good basketball with two very fundamentally excellent teams.

USN over Davidson would be an upset. Young and athletic but Davidson is balanced and well disciplined....that is what will win out on Friday.

I think USN is getting better and better. If they would play full court, in your face, man to man, they would give everybody trouble. They play it some but not enough. They have good speed and a balanced team. I think they match up with Davidson very well. There best player is a senior but the remainder of the team is young and that may hurt them. I doubt anyone wants to play them in the tournament. I think this could be a really good game. Warfield could be the key for DA and Drake and Holmes for USN.

DCA might be the hottest team right now. They seem to have all guards. The lack of a true post may hurt them. They have a lot of expeience which may help out. However, their lack of depth may hurt. They can play defense and shoot and that will keep most games close. I don't know if they have anyone to stop FRA's inside game. DCA has balance but can they stop Wharton, Wyatt and Coben?

FRA beats DCA 46-32. It was an ugly game but DCA was definately out matched. DCA kept it close but in the fourth quarter FRA just gradually pulled away. Free throws down the stretch even helped more.

With the win I believe FRA should secure the #2 spot in the region. They still have USN and four of the bottom 6 teams in the region left to play. Even with a loss to USN and DCA winning out over Davidson, Davidson will be #1, FRA #2 and DCA #3.

If DCA loses to Davidson, then Ezell could end up #3 and Knox Webb #4 with DCA #5. I think USN with games against FRA, Knox Webb and Davidson most likely will lose one of those at least and probably be 6th in the region.

But there is still alot of basketball to find placement in the regional tournament.