Region 1 1A top 5

old24eagle

• Replies 25
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yea, hopefully the Hampton-Cloudland tourney game will go like it did last year when they Dawgs ran the Landers out of the gym. Too bad Hampton couldn't match up with UH in the post without Hill last year.

Hampton went 2-1 against Cloudland last year. The loss came on Cloudland's home floor in OT. The 2 Hampton wins were by 17 at home and by 14 at a neutral site at tourney time. I dunno how anyone can argue that Cloudland was better than Hampton last year.

maybe because cloudland made it to state?? idk seems like a pretty convincing argument

head to head matchups is a pretty convincing argument too. Cloudland is not the reason Hampton didn't go to state. Hampton could not stop UHs size without Hill. It's all about matchups, same as the NCAA tourney.

Yeah, it was sad that the best team went home last year, but that happens sometimes! You also have to remember that Ward turned his ankle very badly in the first rd of the regional last year and did not have time to get it better by the time they played UH. Having him at less than half strenth and not having Hill really hurt them. Cloudland played really well on Friday and shot it really well from outside. That being said, i did not care for the officiating at all! Hampton made too many mistakes and got beat back down the floor too many times to win though. They gave Cloudland like 12-14 free points by just not getting back down the floor. That was Cloudland plan and it worked. I'm sure they will address that before they play again. I think Hampton wins next time but I guess we will have to see. They could see each other at least a couple of more times!

if if and buts were candy and nuts...

check your facts brah. i did not put "if" or "but" in my last post one single time. i have stated nothing but facts. Hampton curbstomped Cloudland twice last year. UH dominated Hampton in the paint. Hampton is better than Cloudland if the Dawgs are at full strength and Hill plays (proven as a fact in Roan Mtn a few weeks ago). not that difficult to comprehend imo.

Vader, Cloudland has been to the big dance 3 times in the past 4 years. They have better coaching and players who love the game more than Hampton does. Sometimes that is better than raw talent alone. The fact is when it comes time to deliver, you can count on Ned and the Highlanders. Whooooooooooooo!! :thumb::thumb: