thangs @ gp...

nftc

Let's see if I can help with a little bit of the confusion. McCroskey's original post was about was a complaint to TSSAA that Coach P shouldn't be allowed up in the coaching box because he is not listed as head coach by TSSAA. Now why complain? Either the person or persons either tried to rattle the team or maybe jealous of GP's success so far. What many thought the first game after complaint was that one coach would try anything to win. You decide who for yourself. As far as figuring it out. Well GP beat both PF & SC since then. Did GP play as well in those games as they did against Carter? Probably not. Was it because Coach P was seated? Probably not? Both games were against other county teams where emotions run high & anything can happen. Just wonder? Would anyone have said something if GP was 0-20, 1-19, 2-18, etc? PF starts a kid who transferred this year as a senior, starts another who moved here in 9th grade and their referred to has "home grown". Sounds like a double standard.

On the surface, your last comment is true. A talented freshman transfered to PF with his older brother, a senior, to play baseball for Coach Quinn. And, nothing is wrong with the transfer as long as the kids pursued the school following TSSAA guidelines. We all know that it is hard to prove who contacted who first. This is likely the reason the TSSAA has not pursued issues at GP. The TSSAA does not have the resources to investigate all complaints; although, these complaints are pretty widespread. PF has been upfront about their issues with GP. I don't think anybody is trying to hide as implicated in an earlier thread. The problem is that nobody within the school system listened. Therefore, IF PF raised the issue of a teaching certification, or lack of, it was likely to draw attention to the recruitment of six players in one school year. It is also common knowledge, that other players were contacted while enrolled at other schools but decided to not to transfer. If this had not occurred, I doubt the issue of the teaching certificate would have surfaced. I understand that GP's coach knows the game and that good coaches are hard to find but following the rules should be the number one quality of being a high school coach.

• Replies 18
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Let's see if I can help with a little bit of the confusion. McCroskey's original post was about was a complaint to TSSAA that Coach P shouldn't be allowed up in the coaching box because he is not listed as head coach by TSSAA. Now why complain? Either the person or persons either tried to rattle the team or maybe jealous of GP's success so far. What many thought the first game after complaint was that one coach would try anything to win. You decide who for yourself. As far as figuring it out. Well GP beat both PF & SC since then. Did GP play as well in those games as they did against Carter? Probably not. Was it because Coach P was seated? Probably not? Both games were against other county teams where emotions run high & anything can happen. Just wonder? Would anyone have said something if GP was 0-20, 1-19, 2-18, etc? PF starts a kid who transferred this year as a senior, starts another who moved here in 9th grade and their referred to has "home grown". Sounds like a double standard.

On the surface, your last comment is true. A talented freshman transfered to PF with his older brother, a senior, to play baseball for Coach Quinn. And, nothing is wrong with the transfer as long as the kids pursued the school following TSSAA guidelines. We all know that it is hard to prove who contacted who first. This is likely the reason the TSSAA has not pursued issues at GP. The TSSAA does not have the resources to investigate all complaints; although, these complaints are pretty widespread. PF has been upfront about their issues with GP. I don't think anybody is trying to hide as implicated in an earlier thread. The problem is that nobody within the school system listened. Therefore, IF PF raised the issue of a teaching certification, or lack of, it was likely to draw attention to the recruitment of six players in one school year. It is also common knowledge, that other players were contacted while enrolled at other schools but decided to not to transfer. If this had not occurred, I doubt the issue of the teaching certificate would have surfaced. I understand that GP's coach knows the game and that good coaches are hard to find but following the rules should be the number one quality of being a high school coach.

Surely you just didn't say he transferred to play baseball. That is against the rules. You cannot transfer for athletic purposes. Coach Guinn knows better. LOL

Surely you just didn't say he transferred to play baseball. That is against the rules. You cannot transfer for athletic purposes. Coach Guinn knows better. LOL

Sorry, tranferring is not against the rules, recruiting is. Hopefully both schools and coaches know better!!! LOL

Sorry, tranferring is not against the rules, recruiting is. Hopefully both schools and coaches know better!!! LOL

The underlying issue here is the idea of the pot calling out the kettle. Pigeon Forge has a history of having athletes magically appear on their doorstep. If you don't believe me look at the starting lineup for their 2005 baseball team that was state runner-up. It's like a burgler turning in a con artist.

Add to that the fact that the only people who know if any recruiting occured are the Coach Placeres and kids in question. Does the whole situation seem to true to belief? Yes, it does. But so does the idea that a high school basketball coach who recently became a father left his pregnant wife alone all summer to fly around the country with Ed Orgeron and Bruce Pearl as part of some super recruiting team.

The bottom line is these kids (and its important to remember that they are just kids) have formed a bond as teammates that is much stronger than any of these distractions. And I must say, it has been a joy to watch them grow as a team, as basketball players, and, most importantly, as quality young men.

The underlying issue here is the idea of the pot calling out the kettle. Pigeon Forge has a history of having athletes magically appear on their doorstep. If you don't believe me look at the starting lineup for their 2005 baseball team that was state runner-up. It's like a burgler turning in a con artist.

Add to that the fact that the only people who know if any recruiting occured are the Coach Placeres and kids in question. Does the whole situation seem to true to belief? Yes, it does. But so does the idea that a high school basketball coach who recently became a father left his pregnant wife alone all summer to fly around the country with Ed Orgeron and Bruce Pearl as part of some super recruiting team.

The bottom line is these kids (and its important to remember that they are just kids) have formed a bond as teammates that is much stronger than any of these distractions. And I must say, it has been a joy to watch them grow as a team, as basketball players, and, most importantly, as quality young men.

:roflol::roflolk::roflol::roflol::roflolk: