WHo will make it to state from the west? (1A 2A 3A)

Legend

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I really don't think any Memphis team would have a big following. I have been to the state tourney the last two years and Manassas, Ridgeway, Raleigh Egypt, White Station, Sheffield, and BTW didn't have 1,200 fans at stateall together. Manassas and White Station both have strong Allumni associations but I didn't see but about 200 supporters. Melrose I think would bring about 250 people with them not much more then the other schools did. West Tennessee area team would bring about 2,000 people along fo the ride!!! In Memphis we talk a good game but we don't come out and support our teams like we should!!!

I can't see Melrose not bringing a large crowd if fortunate enough to make it. The alumni base is extremely strong plus Orange Mound and Melrose are inseparable.

Switching gears a little bit, I remember Ridgeway losing to Sheffield back in November in the Hall of Fame game. I see them listed as undefeated in several places. Can anybody tell me what's up with that?

I really don't think any Memphis team would have a big following. I have been to the state tourney the last two years and Manassas, Ridgeway, Raleigh Egypt, White Station, Sheffield, and BTW didn't have 1,200 fans at stateall together. Manassas and White Station both have strong Allumni associations but I didn't see but about 200 supporters. Melrose I think would bring about 250 people with them not much more then the other schools did. West Tennessee area team would bring about 2,000 people along fo the ride!!! In Memphis we talk a good game but we don't come out and support our teams like we should!!!

I can't see Melrose not bringing a large crowd if fortunate enough to make it. The alumni base is extremely strong plus Orange Mound and Melrose are inseparable.

Switching gears a little bit, I remember Ridgeway losing to Sheffield back in November in the Hall of Fame game. I see them listed as undefeated in several places. Can anybody tell me what's up with that?

If you lose a Hall of Fame game you don't have to count it....

Legend,

Is everybody sleeping on Westwood in single A. Nobody mentions them in the conversation. I would not be surprised if they made it to state. Am I missing something

I'm not sleeping on Westwood! They were my preseason pick to make it out of Memphis. City beat them at the buzzer this year so those two teams are not far apart! Trust me I would love for Westwood to make it over city but I don't see it right now! Both could make it but I only see Westwood getting a far chance if they have to play sub-state on the road because there coach is from Jackson and known in the surrounding areas.

I wonder if there will be a fatigue factor with White Station after losing a heart breaker to St Patricks New Jersey at there place Saturday. They lose a close game 68 to 66 against nationally ranked top 10 team St Patricks. A team that features Sr and consensus top 20 player Kyrie Irving and JR consensus overall #1 Michael Gilchrist for the class of 2011. Some believe Michael Gilchrist was the best player in the country as a sophmore regardless of class.....YES that includes Jihn Wall and Xavier Henry and all the others from 2009 and all the kids from 2010.

Anyway White Station flys up to New Jersey I assume on Friday and plays a top 10 team on Saturday and flys back either late Saturday or early Sunday has a 2 day break and then has to play Melrose on Tuesday night. Legend may be right Melrose may win by 20.

I wonder if there will be a fatigue factor with White Station after losing a heart breaker to St Patricks New Jersey at there place Saturday. They lose a close game 68 to 66 against nationally ranked top 10 team St Patricks. A team that features Sr and consensus top 20 player Kyrie Irving and JR consensus overall #1 Michael Gilchrist for the class of 2011. Some believe Michael Gilchrist was the best player in the country as a sophmore regardless of class.....YES that includes Jihn Wall and Xavier Henry and all the others from 2009 and all the kids from 2010.

Anyway White Station flys up to New Jersey I assume on Friday and plays a top 10 team on Saturday and flys back either late Saturday or early Sunday has a 2 day break and then has to play Melrose on Tuesday night. Legend may be right Melrose may win by 20.

That should show some BB fans that Memphis is the hot bed of BB! I read on a early post can't recall when where Memphis can't compare with the larger cities! I disagree there is no better talent in the country than in Memphis Tn!! Especially in the larger classes! Just amazing the talent that goes through Memphis ever year! :thumb: