Region 3 Dual Champions: Maryville

matrebel

Actually, according to the TSSAA Web site, Seymour is in region III for AAA Duals. So, Maryville is the Region III, AAA Dual Champions and Seymour is the Runner-up. Both qualify for state duals.

For individual Regionals, Seymour, Sevier County HS, and South Doyle are in Region I.

I FIGURED THAT THE NEW REGIONS WERE THE REGION FOR EVERYTHING. I FIGURED THAT MARYVILLE WOULD HAVE TO BEAT BRADLEY TO WIN REGION 3.

THE ANIMAL

For the individual tournament, the Blount County and Monroe County schools will be in the same region as Bradley and Cleveland.

Maryville, Heritage, Alcoa, William Blount, and Greenback all went South. Maybe a few others, I have not looked up the total list.

Sevier County HS, Seymour, and South Doyle go Northeast to Region I.

Region II, for the most part, included all the remaining Knox County Schools, Pigeon Forge, and Union County.

I am not sure how it happened but from a Blount County point of view it kind of stinks. We basically have to try to wrestle everyone in two different regions. We try to wrestle everyone from Region 3 individuals for seeding purposes and Region tournament. We also have to wrestle all of the Dual meet teams in our region to decide that. It kind of makes it tough on kids and parents trying to keep up with the mess. I know I have explained it at least 11 million times.

While we don't mind wrestling anybody, most Knoxville schools are within 20-30 minutes of Blount County, but the McMinn, Cleveland, Chattanooga area schools are all mostly 1 hour or more. Needless to say that makes it hard on wrestlers and wrestler parents.

I also agree that the teams need to be in the same dual and individual region.

I do think whoever decides it might want to invest in a good quality map!

Maryville 56 - Seymour 21

does anyone have any individual scores from this match?

I think the score was 50-21

140 Stoffle(SEY) pin Glover(MAR)

145 Meadows(MAR) dec Adams(SEY) 8-4

152 Keen(MAR) TF Merriman(SEY)

160 Dukes(MAR) dec Shipley(SEY)

171 Brock(MAR) pin Halicovic(SEY)

189 Ridenour(MAR) dec Watson(SEY)

215 Wilson(MAR) dec Wissell(SEY)

Hwt Morgan(MAR) pin Luneke(SEY)

103 Markham(MAR) pin Jordan(SEY)

112 Searfoss(MAR) pin Hinshaw(SEY)

119 Frisco(MAR) pin Stooksbury(SEY)