11AAA thread

coloma20

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

No doubt she is the best that i've seen this year. Very good all around if you back off she can hit the 3 if you play her close its a lay-up. Harrison is the best post ive seen she can go either way with either hand. Lauderdale gets hers quietly next thing you know she has 20 but she has a good supporting cast also. Shelton is just consistant she gets some help but they arent as good as they have been in the past. Kildgore is the Indy team how she goes is how the team goes she will be missed next year. Baker at Centennial is about the only bright spot they have had in a not very good year. She has lead the team in scoring the last two years.(shes just a Sophmore) They played some close games early in the year then she got hurt and missed about 6 games then it went down hill from there.

I'm going to say it will be Brentwood/ Hillsboro in the finals of district. With Hillsboro on top. Brentwood is playing well but i think Coach Carter has Coach Sigs number. Ravenwood 3rd They lost the last 2 regular season games and Franklin 4th. Its hard to beat a team 3 times and both IHS/FHS games were within 3 points.

As far as i can tell thier grades are very good. I know the Harrison girls parents dont play when it comes to grade and she is sharp to talk to. I'm not saying that because shes African American i have talked with her in person and had an enjoyable conversation. Most of the coaches in the district are big on the grades and if they are having issues with grades they wont be playing much.

While not sure of the accuracy and needs to be confirmed, below is a published schedule on District 11. District 11 is having a great year with some great players and it appears that a District turnaround in Basketball is gpoing very good. The Regional matchup in a week will really hae some great basketball and an event many should see.

District 11-AAA

Wednesday: Girls — Franklin at Independence, 7 p.m.; Centennial at Brentwood, 7 p.m.

Thursday: Boys — Centennial at Independence, 7 p.m.; Brentwood at Ravenwood, 7 p.m.

At Brentwood

Saturday: Centennial-Brentwood girls winner vs. Hillsboro, 4 p.m.; Centennial-Independence boys winner vs. Franklin, 5:30 p.m.; Franklin-Independence girls winner vs. Ravenwood, 7 p.m.; Brentwood-Ravenwood boys winner vs. Hillsboro, 8:30 p.m.

Monday: Girls consolation, 6 p.m.; boys consolation, 7:30 p.m.

Tuesday: Girls championship, 6 p.m.; boys championship, 7:30 p.m.