CoachT's Top Ten- Sept 22nd

CoachT

Posted by CCHSFan:

Its nice to see the Jets finally beginning to get some respect! Coach Watt has worked hard with the boys and the off-season weight work is finally beginning to pay off. GO JETS! :o:):):(

The hard part about ranking Cumberland County (4-0) is your schedule but that is not something you or I can control. The combined records of the teams you've played is 7-11 and your next three opponents are 0-13 currently. Week 8, 9, and 10 will give a better indication.

[Edited by coacht on 9-22-02 12:45P]

Coach how does ECS lose to CBHS 26-0 and Briarcrest beats MUS and still ECS is ahead of them?

The Commercial Appeal has BCS number 7 or so in the Dandy Dozen...ECS isn't ranked.

The Commercial Appeal also has BCS ranked first in small schools (3a and below) and then Harding and then ECS.

I have to agree with them considering past history and who is returning what...do you just have a hunch on something? Or are you just a little unsure right now?

With no disrespect to CoachT, I will again post my opinions on the 5-A Top Ten.

1. Germantown (4-0)

2. Franklin (5-0)

3. Riverdale (4-1)

4. Brentwood (3-1)

5. Houston (4-0)

6. Gallatin (4-0)

7. Cumberland Co. (4-0)

8. Farragut (4-0)

9. Hendersonville (3-1)

10. Jackson Central-Merry (4-0)

*Sorry CoachT, but I can't see Collierville in the Top Ten when they just got held scoreless at home and their three wins came against teams who are a combined 2-11. Memphis Central (1-3) has been killed by Cordova and Whitehaven, but C'ville wins at home by 8. Central's one win was against an even worse team by 1 point. Kirby (0-4) put up 46 points on C'ville and only lost by 4 points. But anyways..had to get that off my chest. Everything else is pretty good on the Top Ten.

Germantown - In a rain soaked game, Germantown's special team made the big plays and the defense held Collierville (now 3-1) scoreless @ Collierville. G'town next 3 games should be W's.

Franklin - Just pounding the competition. Should win big against MaGavock, but has a test @ Centennial (depends on which Centennial shows up), and then a home game against #4 Brentwood.

Riverdale - Took out their anger on Blackman after the 9-10 loss @ Lincoln Co. Next week is a Bye. Then has a game at Lavergne which should be a win, then last 3 of 4 games will be a challenge. For Riverdale, they are all home games against Franklin Co., Oakland, and Smyrna.

Brentwood - Just got by Centennial (now 3-1) with a 17-12 win at home. Have a couple of tune-up games before the end of the season challenges.

Houston - As I thought last week, Whitehaven is scary! Houston handed Whitehaven the game, but Whitehaven didn't take it. Houston won 28-27 , wait....Abe Felix (Houston's RB) won 28-27. This man didn't want to lose the game with 47 carries for 238 yards!! and of course all 4 TD's. Houston had a ball intercepted with minutes left in the game, but the defense held their ground. The heavy rain was a definate benefit to Houston. Houston has 2 home warm-up games before their game at Collierville on Oct. 11

Gallatin - Nice start, with impressive defense. Next 3 games are games they should win, but then have last 3 games to test their backbone: Hendersonville, @ Hunters Lane, and against Beech.

Cumberland Co. - Nice game vs. Coffee Co. Next 3 games are games that they have to win big with. They have a pretty weak schedule, and final 3 games are difficult games, but I want to see this team 10-0 for the playoffs.

Farragut - The newcomer on my top ten list. Impressive win against McMinn Co. (now 3-1). A tough game this week at Knoxville Halls. If they win this game, they should be 7-0 before they have their final test runs.

Hendersonville - Every week I am beginning to like them more. Hendersonville just came off a nice road victory at Hunters Lane (now 3-1). Should win next week's game at Blackman. I really think they have 2 more difficult games for the rest of the year: Beech & @ Gallatin

Jackson Central-Merry (JCM) - I know many people have this team higher, but I can't! I just see the teams they have played and the scores they have from these games. A win versus Jackson Southside, Haywood Co. @ Bartlett, and , a win @ Bolton (I know people are thinking it was a great win because Bolton is 3-1, but I tell you they are the worst 3-1 team in TN. - Bolton won a 6-0 sleeper against 5-A worst team in White Station. Bolton did beat Memphis Overton who is a decent team, but Bolton will have to do a heck more to get my approval) These teams are just not good teams and their schedule is against the same teams the rest of the year. Jackson Northside, Millington, Henry Co. Memphis Central are all on the bottom of barrel. Memphis Overton & Cordova are the only teams I think have a fighting chance against JCM and both are home games for JCM. If JCM isn't 10-0 at the end of the season, it will be a shame.

OK, those were just some of my opinions. I know everyone has different ones and I know that I might be eating crow here one day, but for now, this is good for me ;)

Other teams on the bubble: (in no order)

Oakland (3-1) - just lost last week and fell from the Top Ten - will have a challenge with a road game at Lincoln Co.

Kingsport Dobyns Bennett (3-2) - Next week has a BYE. Good for them to get ready to play a tough road game at South-Doyle

Dickson Co. (2-2) - Had a BYE last week - but as I stated last week, their 2 losses were at Riverdale and at Hendersonville where they lost by 3 and 2 respectively. They also had a nice win against Beech by 3. But their schedule is going to be TOUGH the rest of the year.

Sevier Co. (3-1)

Beech (3-1)

Smyrna (2-2)

Collierville (3-1)

Centennial (3-1)

Hunters Lane (3-1)

Franklin Co. (3-2)

Oak Ridge (3-1)

McMinn Co. (3-1)

South-Doyle (3-1)

Sorry to the teams above in which I didn't talk about. I have just run out of time. Maybe next time ;)

No offense taken. But, using the same argument, how could Germantown be ranked number one when three of their four wins were against teams with a combined 2-10 record?

Posted by Irishbum:

1. Germantown (4-0)

2. Franklin (5-0)

3. Riverdale (4-1)

4. Brentwood (3-1)

5. Houston (4-0)

6. Gallatin (4-0)

7. Cumberland Co. (4-0)

8. Farragut (4-0)

9. Hendersonville (3-1)

*Sorry CoachT, but I can't see Collierville in the Top Ten when they just got held scoreless at home and their three wins came against teams who are a combined 2-11. Memphis Central (1-3) has been killed by Cordova and Whitehaven, but C'ville wins at home by 8. Central's one win was against an even worse team by 1 point. Kirby (0-4) put up 46 points on C'ville and only lost by 4 points. But anyways..had to get that off my chest. Everything else is pretty good on the Top Ten.

Germantown - In a rain soaked game, Germantown's special team made the big plays and the defense held Collierville (now 3-1) scoreless @ Collierville. G'town next 3 games should be W's.

Franklin - Just pounding the competition. Should win big against MaGavock, but has a test @ Centennial (depends on which Centennial shows up), and then a home game against #4 Brentwood.

Riverdale - Took out their anger on Blackman after the 9-10 loss @ Lincoln Co. Next week is a Bye. Then has a game at Lavergne which should be a win, then last 3 of 4 games will be a challenge. For Riverdale, they are all home games against Franklin Co., Oakland, and Smyrna.

Brentwood - Just got by Centennial (now 3-1) with a 17-12 win at home. Have a couple of tune-up games before the end of the season challenges.

Houston - As I thought last week, Whitehaven is scary! Houston handed Whitehaven the game, but Whitehaven didn't take it. Houston won 28-27 , wait....Abe Felix (Houston's RB) won 28-27. This man didn't want to lose the game with 47 carries for 238 yards!! and of course all 4 TD's. Houston had a ball intercepted with minutes left in the game, but the defense held their ground. The heavy rain was a definate benefit to Houston. Houston has 2 home warm-up games before their game at Collierville on Oct. 11

Gallatin - Nice start, with impressive defense. Next 3 games are games they should win, but then have last 3 games to test their backbone: Hendersonville, @ Hunters Lane, and against Beech.

Cumberland Co. - Nice game vs. Coffee Co. Next 3 games are games that they have to win big with. They have a pretty weak schedule, and final 3 games are difficult games, but I want to see this team 10-0 for the playoffs.

Farragut - The newcomer on my top ten list. Impressive win against McMinn Co. (now 3-1). A tough game this week at Knoxville Halls. If they win this game, they should be 7-0 before they have their final test runs.

Hendersonville - Every week I am beginning to like them more. Hendersonville just came off a nice road victory at Hunters Lane (now 3-1). Should win next week's game at Blackman. I really think they have 2 more difficult games for the rest of the year: Beech & @ Gallatin

Jackson Central-Merry (JCM) - I know many people have this team higher, but I can't! I just see the teams they have played and the scores they have from these games. A win versus Jackson Southside, Haywood Co. @ Bartlett, and , a win @ Bolton (I know people are thinking it was a great win because Bolton is 3-1, but I tell you they are the worst 3-1 team in TN. - Bolton won a 6-0 sleeper against 5-A worst team in White Station. Bolton did beat Memphis Overton who is a decent team, but Bolton will have to do a heck more to get my approval) These teams are just not good teams and their schedule is against the same teams the rest of the year. Jackson Northside, Millington, Henry Co. Memphis Central are all on the bottom of barrel. Memphis Overton & Cordova are the only teams I think have a fighting chance against JCM and both are home games for JCM. If JCM isn't 10-0 at the end of the season, it will be a shame.

OK, those were just some of my opinions. I know everyone has different ones and I know that I might be eating crow here one day, but for now, this is good for me ;)

Oakland (3-1) - just lost last week and fell from the Top Ten - will have a challenge with a road game at Lincoln Co.

Kingsport Dobyns Bennett (3-2) - Next week has a BYE. Good for them to get ready to play a tough road game at South-Doyle

Dickson Co. (2-2) - Had a BYE last week - but as I stated last week, their 2 losses were at Riverdale and at Hendersonville where they lost by 3 and 2 respectively. They also had a nice win against Beech by 3. But their schedule is going to be TOUGH the rest of the year.

Sevier Co. (3-1)

Beech (3-1)

Smyrna (2-2)

Collierville (3-1)

Centennial (3-1)

Hunters Lane (3-1)

Franklin Co. (3-2)

Oak Ridge (3-1)

McMinn Co. (3-1)

South-Doyle (3-1)

Sorry to the teams above in which I didn't talk about. I have just run out of time. Maybe next time ;)

True! But they actually won by more than 4 & 8 points. Wins of 46, 16, and 36 points are what you are suppose to do to those teams. But what helps Gtown's case now is the win at Collierville. But still, it isn't often you lose at home by 21 and raise up on the Top Ten :D

Posted by coacht:

No offense taken. But, using the same argument, how could Germantown be ranked number one when three of their four wins were against teams with a combined 2-10 record?

Posted by Irishbum:

1. Germantown (4-0)

2. Franklin (5-0)

3. Riverdale (4-1)

4. Brentwood (3-1)

5. Houston (4-0)

6. Gallatin (4-0)

7. Cumberland Co. (4-0)

8. Farragut (4-0)

9. Hendersonville (3-1)

OK, those were just some of my opinions. I know everyone has different ones and I know that I might be eating crow here one day, but for now, this is good for me :D

Sevier Co. (3-1)

Beech (3-1)

Smyrna (2-2)

Collierville (3-1)

Centennial (3-1)

Hunters Lane (3-1)

Franklin Co. (3-2)

Oak Ridge (3-1)

McMinn Co. (3-1)

South-Doyle (3-1)

Sorry to the teams above in which I didn't talk about. I have just run out of time. Maybe next time :D

[Edited by Irishbum on 9-24-02 11:20P]