Greenfield 68 Trenton 64

volfan007

• Replies 19
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Obviously, you are very young, and dont know these players. Or, you dont know much about W. TN basketball. The two Whitby boys, and the Cude fella were great 3 point shooters back when Coach Jimmy Whitby coached Obion Central, and they had great teams....even winning the state championship.

They didnt miss much. Cannon Whitby was a lights out shooter from downtown.

Thus, I was simply trying to say that if you have great 3 point shooters, then you can win...and win a lot.

Cannon played before there was a 3 point line in high school.

Greenfield played a very good game and shot the ball extremely well. Congratulations. The game didn't mean anything to either team, neither will change their positions in the district.

Obviously, you are very young, and dont know these players. Or, you dont know much about W. TN basketball. The two Whitby boys, and the Cude fella were great 3 point shooters back when Coach Jimmy Whitby coached Obion Central, and they had great teams....even winning the state championship.

They didnt miss much. Cannon Whitby was a lights out shooter from downtown.

Thus, I was simply trying to say that if you have great 3 point shooters, then you can win...and win a lot.

Cannon played before there was a 3 point line in high school.

Greenfield played a very good game and shot the ball extremely well. Congratulations. The game didn't mean anything to either team, neither will change their positions in the district.

That is not entirely you true, That win gives Greenfield 2 district wins. If they had lost that game and lost to South Fulton, they might have been 8th. The win means that will definitely finish 7th. I know that may not mean much but hey it is what it is

golferman,

While it's true that Cannon played before the 3 point line, may I ask you where he shot from?

Can you imagine the points he would've scored, and how much he would've averaged per game, if there had been a 3 point line back then?

I've always wondered the same about Pistol Pete Maravich.

golferman,

While it's true that Cannon played before the 3 point line, may I ask you where he shot from?

Can you imagine the points he would've scored, and how much he would've averaged per game, if there had been a 3 point line back then?

I've always wondered the same about Pistol Pete Maravich.

I played against Cannon Whitby for (2) years in High School and he shot from about (3) three feet from the currently three point line. You would have to pick him up once he crossed half court and couldn't play a zone against them. I held him to (17) seventeen points his lowest game of his senior year. I played him man to man and had to chase him all over the court and his team would set picks all day to get him opened. We lost to them in the regional semi-final and in that game he needed (2) two points to break the state record and I can remember him pulling up at the five second line and hitting nothing but net. We lost that game by (8) and Obion County went on to win state that year. If, we had the (3) three point line at that time Cannon would have average atleast (60) sixty points a game and I'm not joking. I think he average almost (40) forthy points his senior year. I remember one game he scored 73 points and was 23 of 24 from the free throw line, if they had the three point line in that game he would have easy scored over a (100) hundred points. Cannon ended up signing with Arkansas but never played, I think the problem in college was that he wasn't able to create his on shot and was just about 5'10 at best, and played against guards that were 6'4 or bigger and more athlethic than him and his team in high school would set a thousand picks to get him a shot. Cannon Whitby was the purest shooter that I have ever played against and was very humble!