Top Seniors in Class A-gomab?

GHSgozz22

It nice to see that Casey Holt is getting the credit that he deserve. He has to be the most underrated player in the state of TN. He went to the KY Blue-Chip camp this summer and was one of the best 2guard in camp. Played great in AAU with the Columbia. A great catch for some college out there and is a young senior. ;)

I agree that Casey is a good player, and will be a nice catch for someone. If someone reads this that knows him tell him one thing: Get in the weight room and get bigger and stronger. I have coached against him in the past and he needs to realize that single A ball is different than college. He has the skills but not the strength, at least not yet. Trust me I played single A ball and was successful, but when I went to college it was a whole different league. My body was so far behind because he and I are built about the same at that age and I never lifted until I got to college. He needs to be ready when he gets there. Good luck to Casey and the Warriors of Culleoka.

A Class A player who is as good as any, but is just a Jr, is Forrest HS's Jamar Jenkins. Jenkins is a 6'5 1/2 WF/BF who can shoot, but also has great post moves. This kid will be Tn Mr Basketball for Class A his senior year: that is my bet. Jenkins has a lot of developing left to do, but he has tons of potential.......

I agree that Jenkins has potential cause I have coached against his team before too. I have talked with him on many occasions and I must say the only thing he needs to improve on is trying to be too big time. I like him and he is a great kid, but he needs to worry about helping his high school team win before he starts worrying about signing a D1 scholarship. He has a nice shot from the perimeter, but in his league he could average 30 a game in the post. Then when they put a slow big guy on him he can go to the perimeter. I know there is no one who can stop him on the block in their league and their guards are good enough to get him the ball down there. There was a guy who played at Eagleville a couple of years ago who had the same problem. Matt jarboe was unstoppable on the block but did not go there enough. But in their state tourney game against SOuth Fulton where did he go when they needed a bucket; to the block! Jamar you can play on the perimeter in AAU cause that is where most colleges do their recruiting anyway. right now help Forrest win and get inside where no one in your league can stop you. Just a little advice.

Btru23........

I couldn't agree more! I love Jamar to death, and I feel he may end up playing some big time college ball, but you hit his two slight problems on the head. Jamar does tend to worry about the recruiting game too much, and does sometimes shy away from his strength: his post up game....

Great post, and watch for Jamar to have a huge year this year, and bring home Mr Basketball his Sr year.....