(22-2) Knox Fulton at (24-1) Knox Bearden, who ya got?

tennessee22

bearden was robbed. Lost by 2. Rico had 3 at the buzzer and got fouled. What a bad no call. Bearden fans were grumbling. Said they get that call against anyone but fulton. I dont know about that but it should have been called.

Why let the outcome of the game be decided like that? It should and was a no call.

• Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

bearden was robbed. Lost by 2. Rico had 3 at the buzzer and got fouled. What a bad no call. Bearden fans were grumbling. Said they get that call against anyone but fulton. I dont know about that but it should have been called.

You don't always get the call when you run & lunge into someone. Your comment makes it sound like you believe Fulton got the majority of the calls. However...That nine point lead didn't disappear without some questionable calls going Bearden's way. My favorite was the over the back tackle down in the paint that was called a jump ball. I was hoping to see a yellow flag with a 10 yard block in the back penalty. The out of bounds call was weak as well. I guess you can add "feet out of bounds" to the list of horse shoes and hand grenades. There were several calls that each team might have an argument with.... but both teams battled it out to the finish. Bearden made a nice run to make it close at the end.... but Fulton won their second game of the year on senior night.

Good luck to Bearden in the tournament. I think it was a great match-up to prepare both teams for their run at a state championship.

Go Falcons!

How incredibly Bearden of you to believe that Fulton is going to get favoritism over Bearden. There were tons of calls both ways that were missed. Galen was fouled so badly on a three point shot that the shot was ten feet of the mark and went out bounds and there was a no-call. Bad refereeing went both ways. It was a well-played game. Bearden lost. They still have the state tournament and they're a heck of a team. Don't disgrace those talented players on either team by saying "they were robbed." In what world would three white refs show favoritism to an inner-city, nearly all black team over Bearden? Get out of here with that bull.

First off, Jalen Steele is the real deal. That was the first chance I had to see him play a hs game and he didn't disappoint. I don't remember him having an open shot all night and he comes away with 20 points. Great defense was played on him by White, but better offense by Steele all night. The other best player on the floor was Robert Boyd. That kid got anything he wanted going to the basket in the 2nd half and hit a big time shot to win the game. Very impressed by his play. Hats off to Fulton and Coach Wright and good luck at your run for 3.

Bearden showed some guts in the 4th quarter in battling back from a 9 point deficit and tieing the game in the end. They are going to have to get someone else to step up in these tournament games besides White and Greene. They are both very good players but they need production from the other spots on the floor. Whether it be Lawson, Winton, Phillips, or someone else, they have to step up and do their part.

I too thought it was a good no call to end the game. You let the players win the game not the referees. If I remember right the Fulton defender was straight up and White initiated the contact. But the traveling call on Greene I thought was a bad call. I am glad that it didn't decide the game in the end.

Great finish to the game and this should benefit both teams as they will hopefully be down in Murfreesboro in a few weeks.

Jody is an excellent coach but Blevins is a better X and O coach in my opinion. Jody's forte is defense but he is average at offensive X & O's. Blevins is an excellent offensive coach whose team plays good defense. Jody has the best athletes which gives him the advantage.

What a stupid comment. Blevins sucks at all aspects. Get a good coach over there and you will win titles.

you must be a kid that cut from Blevins team because you couldn't cut it on the floor...quit wasting our time with assine comments. You can't sit here and tell me that Blevins isn't a good coach, when he lost 5 starters from last years team and has the same regular season record as they did last year. Sometimes, its best to just ignore the comments of the unintelligent, but I couldn't just sit here and ignore your pure dumbfoundness of this topic!!! BET SON, JUST BET!!!!

I enjoyed the game greatly. I missed you there veer, where were you at? Steel and Boyd impressed me. Steel impressed me with the difficult shots he was forced to take, and still put them through the net. The 3 pointer was a good no call, the hold on the backside probably should of been called. Both teams got some bad calls, and yes Fulton probably got more, but Bearden got the calls in the 4th except for the last 30 seconds. The ref that called that walk on Green must have some big brass ones, because even if you think that was a walk, you don't call it, because it was way too close to call.

I enjoyed the game greatly. I missed you there veer, where were you at? Steel and Boyd impressed me. Steel impressed me with the difficult shots he was forced to take, and still put them through the net. The 3 pointer was a good no call, the hold on the backside probably should of been called. Both teams got some bad calls, and yes Fulton probably got more, but Bearden got the calls in the 4th except for the last 30 seconds. The ref that called that walk on Green must have some big brass ones, because even if you think that was a walk, you don't call it, because it was way too close to call.

Dyron, I hated that I missed that game. I was at your old school watching the BIG ORANGE beat up on some Bulldawgs from Ja Ga!!! They honored Dale Ellis and Reggie Johnson, they have still yet to call you back to honor one of my favorite VOLS of all time. I think they are afraid that you might set the building on fire with your soul glow