becoming an offical

cheezi

does anyone know how to become a wrestling offical here in TN, specifically in Hamilton County

1. Go to TSSAA.org

2. Click on the Officials Information tab on the right.

3. Look toward the bottom of the page for NEW OFFICIALS must also complete an Application. To obtain an application click here or email your request to go@tssaa.org

4. Follow directions in line 3 above.

5. Buy a grey shirt, pants, wristbands, whistle (Fox Mini is my choice), flip disk, jacket and shoes. The shoes do not have to be wrestling shoes. Black athletic shoes work fine.

6. Spend lots of time in a tanning bed. Tanning the skin makes it thick and hard to penetrate. (After your first hottly contested match you'll understand why.)

7. Keep a therapist on retainer. (You'll need this when the treatment on line 6 no longer works.)

8. Keep a lawyer on retainer. (Once you have been in it for awhile and start working tournaments every weekend, your spouse will be threatening you with the big D and I'm not talking about dinner.)

9. Buy a recording device. (Record yourself now making the statement, "I love wrestling! I love wrestling!", so that after you have completed lines 1 - 8, you can play it over and over. This is to remind yourself of why you even clicked on that link on line 3.)

Have Fun! :thumb:

does anyone know how to become a wrestling offical here in TN, specifically in Hamilton County

1. Go to TSSAA.org

2. Click on the Officials Information tab on the right.

3. Look toward the bottom of the page for NEW OFFICIALS must also complete an Application. To obtain an application click here or email your request to go@tssaa.org

4. Follow directions in line 3 above.

5. Buy a grey shirt, pants, wristbands, whistle (Fox Mini is my choice), flip disk, jacket and shoes. The shoes do not have to be wrestling shoes. Black athletic shoes work fine.

6. Spend lots of time in a tanning bed. Tanning the skin makes it thick and hard to penetrate. (After your first hottly contested match you'll understand why.)

7. Keep a therapist on retainer. (You'll need this when the treatment on line 6 no longer works.)

8. Keep a lawyer on retainer. (Once you have been in it for awhile and start working tournaments every weekend, your spouse will be threatening you with the big D and I'm not talking about dinner.)

9. Buy a recording device. (Record yourself now making the statement, "I love wrestling! I love wrestling!", so that after you have completed lines 1 - 8, you can play it over and over. This is to remind yourself of why you even clicked on that link on line 3.)

Have Fun! :x

thanks