2010 Jefferson County Patriots

JeffCoBoy4Life

Jeff should contend for the IMAC title if pitching comes through. Top pitchers appear to be Lambert, Paschal and Ballinger plus several others who could step up. Pokey Lewis and Austin Collins are two time all conf players returning at catcher and outfield respectively. Collins hs signed with Roane State and Lewis is committed to Chatt State. Kirkpatrick has knee injury unsure of his current status and what he may be able to contribute if healthy. Top returning Juniors are Ausmus, Tipton and Potts. Should be solid defensively and all of he players mentioned have great power. Could be Jeff's best team in years

Seems like the Patriots always struggle with defense most years. I know Ausmus is solid up the middle and Kirkpatrick is good outfielder. I don't remember Tipton, Jett, and Pots playing in the field much last year, but i know they can hit so are they actually good defensive players also?

Who will be the go to guy on the mound this year? I know Lambert threw well last year and Kirkpatrick probably cant pitch this year so I'm guessing Lambert will be number one but who follows him? Is Underwood returning this year?

I know Tipton played right field last year numerous times hes pretty solid. Potts played short when Ausmus was sick last year and hes was the only questionable one.And Jett has a pretty good glove over at first. I think we'll be solid defensively.

Lambert should be the number one pitcher. The other ones who have had a good summer are ballinger, paschal, holmes, mcdaniel. They seem to be the ones who i think will step up this year.And i believe Underwood is suspended from the school for the entire year so i believe we wont have him this year.

Potts and Tipton are better than average defensively. Jeff should be strong up the middle with Lewis being probably the best defensive catcher in the conference. Ausmus and Hodge are solid as well and if Kirkpatrick is healthy we will be good up the middle. Collins is a good outfielder and Jett does have a good glove. The past 2 summers this group has played toghether and seem to get along great. As was stated before with pitching coming through Patriots should be tough.

The pieces should be in place for a good year. I just hope the coaches and seniors can convey a sense of urgency that was not there last year. I hope the seniors can provide leadership needed by the younger players. Everyone on the team should be a part of the team. There should be no special clubs or groups. Everyone from the best to the worst players on the team should receive coaching and be held accountable for their effort and progress toward becoming better players. This team has a lot of potential. It should be fun to watch.

Potts and Tipton are better than average defensively. Jeff should be strong up the middle with Lewis being probably the best defensive catcher in the conference. Ausmus and Hodge are solid as well and if Kirkpatrick is healthy we will be good up the middle. Collins is a good outfielder and Jett does have a good glove. The past 2 summers this group has played toghether and seem to get along great. As was stated before with pitching coming through Patriots should be tough.

I was glad to see the adult who has no son on the team work and push these kids like he did over the past 2 summers. He had those boys at the hittng facility almost everyday. These boys also worked out at CNC many times as well. I am thankful for the men that push these boys and all the time they put in and get nothing in return. I hope the coaching staff will see how far this team has come and continue what has been accomplished over the past two summers. Im glad to see how hard the players have worked and time they put in and hope it pays off for them.

• 2 weeks later...

Jeff played at Gibbs on Saturday and looked pretty good. They beat Grace 16 to 2, Central 11 to 0 and Gibbs 4 to 3. All pitchers looked good, hitting was strong and a pretty good defensive showing. Jett homered, Bales had a couple of doubles and entire lineup hit. Defensive standouts were Ausmus at short and Lewis ended at least 3 innings by throwing someone out stealing or picking them off from behind the plate. Lambert, Kirkpatrick and McDaniel were outstanding pitching. Only scrimmages but a very good start.