The Incosistent

In Hoc Signo Vinces

Hoc, are you not attending classes at ut? It seems that your time is being spent at the grey matter shrinking classes. If you weren't so big,i would put you over my knee and spank your lilly white ####.

Hope you are in town, so I can hit you up side your head to knock some sense back into that thick, stubborn head.

A Joke is when you look down while standing at the urinal.

Much Love to all rasslers especially my Irish

bcb iii :)

• Replies 23
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

come on father ryan fan, use your education. the d2 is a joke of a tournMNET AND YOU KNOW IT. if

you put the top six in both div you guys win maybe 8% of the matches. one example one of your finalist qt 119 got pinned in a minute by a kid that won't place. in our terrible tournament.

so look in the mirror and see what most everyone knows

td1989

It is really pitiful that a parent would try to belittle KIDS to make themself feel better about themself. I promise you this, if your kid were in D2, you would just as proud of him for whatever they accomplished, as you would if they were in D1.

I know I am a fan of both divisions, and enjoy watching the wrestlers no matter where THEIR PARENTS decided to send them to school. Like gonavy stated earlier, where you go do school is a choice made by your parents and has nothing to do with the kids. My son had no choice where he was going to high school. That choice was made by his mother and myself. We did this for a number of reasons, and just got very lucky to have such a great team that he could be a part of. And to belittle any accomplishments he has had up to this point, because of a decision his mother and I made is stupid.

There have been so many posts about this, and time and time again, if you take that top 3 in either division, the end results are very close. Yes, I will say that placing 4-6 in D2 can be easier, but it is no less of an accomplishment. Just because someone places 5th in D2, doesn't mean they couldn't place in D1. There are numerous examples of situations where there have been match ups in the year that prove otherwise. Example, there are a couple kids in the D1 finals this year, that are O'fer in their life against kids on our team, and numerous other D2 teams. So to say to win the D2 tournament is any less of an accomplishment is what the joke really is. To have an adult try to belittle someone else, because they can't feel good about what they have accomplished is the joke.

ALL states have mulitple divisions, and the kids wrestle for schools in the divisions their parents decided to send them to. NOT their choice, and their accomplishments are no less important then the next guys. To me, saying something like winning the D2 is a joke, is like saying winning TN is a joke compared to other states.

Come on CC, I am trying to give you that fight you were looking for, but seriously my issue is obviously not with the kids, coaches, or schools in D-I but the posters on this board like Pummelking who DO actually take cheap shots at D-II by demeaning their accomplishments (just look at the thread he started about the D-II brackets).

And really, if you can't address my ideas but have to "correct" my grammar in your post then obviously you can't counter my ideas, please try to persuade me to your side, but you can't do that if you don't offer any ideas of your own (sounds to me like a democrat).

BCB maybe I need to post more of these drastic posts to get you outta the "cave" it was nice to see you still have a pulse, but I will say a few Hail Marys in my morning prayers for your son and all Irish wrestlers, GOOD LUCK TO ALL (yes even D-I guys) :)

Topdog your the lowest of the bottom feeders, you come on here and just completely bash these kids in D-II and what they work for, I hope you feel big. It is my opinion that it is harder to place 6 to 4 in D-I, but the top 3 in each division are always around the same caliber. I would try to argue my points further but there is not point your not on here for the right reasons.

And as for my "D-II education" it is my belief you can get a great education wherever you go as long as you put in the hard work (just look at Travis Creagan and Justin Spain from Bradley) but anyway it is trash like you that waste my tax dollars when it comes to education. You know what they say you can't fix stupid, so I guess your just screwed for life :)

In Hoc -

-We hear this DI vs DII comment every year. My challenge to anyone:

-Buy a program, look at the 10 years or so before the split, see which schools won the most individual championships by weight class. Not hard to do, but you will see the current DI schools won about 70 - 80% of the time!! It is not close!!

-Now, are you saying that since they don't wrestle each other, we can argue?? Or are you saying that before the split the DII wrestlers were crap, but now they are great??

-Finally, did I see a wrestler seeded at 160 from SD because he placed 5th in the DII tournamnet?? How did he do in the whatever you want to call it (lame/weak/men's etc.) tourney? Ask him which tourney was easier for him to place in.

Calebsdad, you are skewing the stats to try to support your point, yes I am sure D-I schools won a majority of the matches against what are now D-II schools but what you are not also looking at is who are the placers /medalists I sure bet in the 1996 tournament there were a lot of Father Ryan, Baylor, McCallie guys that were up there in the top 6 in each weight classes.

I agree with PRTii... As a parent of Senior wrestler, it was disheartening to see him fall to a bad call and in a match (and I'm not a doting dad here - five coaches from other schools watched the video and had no idea who my kid was and agreed that the official screwed up royally) then have to sit and watch and wait to see if his dream season would continue or not. The whole thing let the wind out of his sails until his guy won and he was back in, but honestly he was not the same after that. In a regular tournament, he would have refocused quickly and been ready for his next match. In this environment of emotions, mental stress and burning desire to win something that means a lot to a wrestler - it's an unfair way to treat a kid at the end of a great season... leave them hanging on after a loss (for whatever reason) with their hopes left in someone else's hands. Something needs to be done. My son won have another chance, but I would love to see something change to another kid would not have to endure what he did this weekend. Bad calls are going to happen, I understand that, to get put out on either a bad call or a one-time nervous mistake in the first round when you've won your Region and gone nearly undefeated, had three other top-tournament championships in a season... to watch it go down in flames just like that. Well... a double elimination tournament would be far better than what is in place now.

In Hoc -

- How am I "skewing the stats"? Use of facts/data is skewing? Look at the WINNER of each weight class, the BEST one, and tell me why it wasn't even close!!

- When you said look at who placed, are you saying current DII guys might not be able to win the gold, but they would be somewhere on the stand??

- Answer me this In Hoc, what does winning 70 - 80% of the gold mean if it doesn't mean they were better??

-Finally, did a 5th place medalist from DII at 160 last year actually lose to a NON-MEDALIST in DI this year (bowing out in the round of 16, after being on the stand last year?) That seems wierd if DII is so bad!

Several Comments for All:

First off I have never said D2 wrestlers are no good, I have and do believe their state tournament is much easier path than those of D1. I have coached and worked with several kids from D2 and been very excited about their accomplishments.

The format that is has Baylor with 13 medalist, McCallie with all 14 medalist, Ryan with 12 medalist, CBHS with all 14 medalist, BA with 7 medalists, MBA with 7 medalist, St. Ben with 6 medalists, Briar with 5 medalist. Do you honestly think these results would be the same if they were in the D1 tourny? Or just limit the D1 tourny to 18 schools and see if those schools have the same amount of medalist?

Now another thing about kids going to schools that their parents want them to, that is not always the case. Some do move for athletic purposes and some for educational but most are due to family/work reasons. I know including myself changed HS and went to another public for the opportunities it offered. Yes my family had to move and we left all friends behind, but it was to get out of a dead school. Yes private schools tried but I choose to stay in public.