Division II-A matchups

DeConley1

• Replies 16
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'd agree that I think ECS is probably the best overall team from the West but unlike in previous years anybody can win on a given day. Lausanne is playing with a LOT of confidence right now. If you go back to the Elliot Willliams/Laurence Bowers St. George's teams and the Marlon Brown Harding teams, I just don't see anybody in the West that's at that level this year. It's much more wide open at the top than in previous years.

I have no clue about East/Middle but if there isn't a really stud, dominant team over that way, then the sub-state and state tournament games could really be wide open all the way through. That's got to be good for the fans wanting good games.

Lausanne over Webb- The rematch will look similar to last year. Too much speed and athleticism for Webb

USN over USJ- Lyles will put the team on his back

St. George over DCA- Toney will be the best player on the floor.

ECS over Knox. Webb- Bad draw for the #2 team in the East/ Middle

Posted this in the wrong thread -

Lausanne over Webb - The Lynx dominate in the run-n-gun.

DCA upsets St. George - Ramsey's young squad shows up big in the substate.

USN over USJ - USN wins handedly.

Knox Webb/ECS - ECS in a close one.

I like the dca upset pick. If welch can get going they could give St. George some trouble. It is a shame that ECS and KWebb have to play in substate, that is a state game for sure. ECS should win this but if Tarwater and Whiteside have big games there could be an upset.

I like the dca upset pick. If welch can get going they could give St. George some trouble. It is a shame that ECS and KWebb have to play in substate, that is a state game for sure. ECS should win this but if Tarwater and Whiteside have big games there could be an upset.

DCA apparently can be very streaky. Looks like they upset USN earlier in the year, so they have won a big game with a good player on the floor. I don't think St. George's is as good as USN, so I'm picking the Wildcats in the upset. It still will be tough to win on the road.

DCA apparently can be very streaky. Looks like they upset USN earlier in the year, so they have won a big game with a good player on the floor. I don't think St. George's is as good as USN, so I'm picking the Wildcats in the upset. It still will be tough to win on the road.

Saturdays scores

Webb School over Lausanne- 37-36(looks like webb slowed the pace)

St. Georges over DCA- 55-40

USN over USJ- 59-47

Knox Webb over ECS- 43-34