DII - A Mr. Basketball

BigENS

Division II Mr. Basketball Finalists

John Ross Glover, University School of Jackson

Meiko Lyles, University School of Nashville

Dwight Tarwater, Knoxville Webb

Who you got??

In my opinion it has to be Lyles from USN. The kid is a machine who outplayed Tarwater twice this year.

Lyles and Glover will face off Saturday night as schools play each other in sub-state.

Asa Toney from St. George's, in my opinion, should have made the list. Even though St. George's came in 3rd in the West Region, it would not surprise me to see them make a run at state.

I told you J-Rock aka John Ross Glover-former Memphis Bearcat would be a player. Toney is good but carries attitude on the floor that hurt him. Lyles is a player i heard but he is a senior and John Ross is Sophmore. They will vote Lyles as Mr. Basketball because he got passed over last year by parks. It may be a upset in the USN vs USJ. Two of the states Mr. Basketball on the floor. Jody Joe what is your opinion.

Lyles by far deserves this award. He makes that team so much better. I thought USN would take a step down after Coleman left, but they were region champs in a tough region and embarrassed both Webb teams in the region tournament. I do agree that Toney deserved some consideration over Tarwater.

I told you J-Rock aka John Ross Glover-former Memphis Bearcat would be a player. Toney is good but carries attitude on the floor that hurt him. Lyles is a player i heard but he is a senior and John Ross is Sophmore. They will vote Lyles as Mr. Basketball because he got passed over last year by parks. It may be a upset in the USN vs USJ. Two of the states Mr. Basketball on the floor. Jody Joe what is your opinion.

Lyles definitely deserves the award. He should have gotten it last year. There will be no upset at USJ/USN game. Not sure if the Tigers can go all the way, but they should win convincingly Saturday night and move on to Final 4. The Bruins will not go to Nashville and win.

Other predictions:

Lausanne defeats Webb - a match of 2 undisciplined teams - I'll take the Lynx

DCA upsets St. George - Ramsey has the Cats poised for a run. If they can limit Toney, they can pull the upset. Should be the best game of the 4.

Knox Webb/ECS - will be a close game due to travel for ECS. ECS wins in a close one.

John Jordan from ECS would have been nominated had he been on any other team. The system he is in doesn't allow for huge numbers but the kid is putting up 15 a game. I was at the game the other night and he put on a clinic against the glover kid. Totally dominated him.

Tarwater is a machine and is definately deserving of being nominated.

John Jordan from ECS would have been nominated had he been on any other team. The system he is in doesn't allow for huge numbers but the kid is putting up 15 a game. I was at the game the other night and he put on a clinic against the glover kid. Totally dominated him.

Tarwater is a machine and is definately deserving of being nominated.

I agree Jordan is a good player but i would question his ability to run the court for an entire game. I think his strength/size is his talent.

In most small schools systems you will have the problem of players having to play out of positions or not playing to their strength. I don't think the Glover kid is a 5 and believe he is a 2 or 3 on the circuit with his AAU team but as Jordan being ask to play within a system.

What are Jordan's numbers on the AAU circuit?

no way tarwater deserves to be on this list. lyles is head and shoulders above this kid. frankly speaking after watching knox webb in the region, their best player is their big 6'3 point guard. that kid creates everything for that team. any smart coach will scheme against him and the rest of the team cannot beat you