Nautilus Express Tryouts

I am glad that your team does well and I wish them all the luck. We have been doing this for about 10 years now and it has been better for us to have a larger roster. The tournys that we play and the style we play needs a deeper bench. We also practice 4 times per week and our season runs for almost 8 month. If you dont have the numbers then the girls will break down. Like I said last year we had 2 go down with injury. If we only had 10-11 player then practice would not be any good and games, when it came down to the 5th one of the weekend, would suffer. So it is best for us to have numbers. This is not good for all but we have had great success with this style. And hope to do even better this year!

• Replies 27
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The 3 that I know that play for the Nautilus Express are very happy and speak very highly of the program!

In our program we stick with 10 or 11 and hang just fine with anyone from anywhere.

Panther, you must be NET and if so then you must be Church Hill. Would 23/31 be your numbers...maybe football/basketball...back in the day? Or maybe your babies numbers? Anyway, I played against some pretty talented football people from coach Salley back then. Just curious. :wacko:

panther is originally form the north but is now in knoxville area. Great guy. Abby may want to play for him in the fall league

Thanks for the tip pammie. I just hope she is prepared for the level of competition that will show up on the 7th. She understands there are no guarantees. And she desperately needs some boot camp. :wacko:

My kids numbers.

I hear what you are saying. We lost 2 with injuries last year too and actually played the Sophomore Super Showcase with 7 players, one of them an 8th grader.

It's difficult to balance playing time, being competitive, etc. Like I said the girls I know that played for Nautilus last year love it.

panther is originally form the north but is now in knoxville area. Great guy. Abby may want to play for him in the fall league

I sure hope she plays in the fall league! We had a ton of talent and a lot of college coaches that atteded last year. Several young ladies received offers as a result! Actually moving the league to Morristown to make it more convenient for all of the talent up east and in NC and VA.

Panther I wish you nothing but great success. What you do for these young ladies and the time you put in is an awsome, awsome amount of heart!!! Thanks for all you do and the same 3 girls that play for me also speak very highly of you and your summer league!! All the best in the future and if I can help in any way please let me know.!!

Hoopallday, Thanks coach!! We both do what we do because we enjoy it!! When you get a chance send me your schedule. Many of the girls in our 2 programs know and really like each other. I would like to enter a tournament or 2 that you attend so that the girls can support each other.

compusatman, contact info: skyshae2001@yahoo.com

http://www.orgsites.com/tn/knoxvillepanthers/

Don you are right 15 is to much and if you are having that many injuries you are playing and dang sure practicing to much.

There are a couple of ways to go about it and it's probably as long as it is wide but our coach is trying to mimmick the college routine. At least to give these girls an idea if they have what it takes or at least if they want to attempt to pursue a career in college basketball. Granted, we have a relentless agenda and play from the 2nd week in March until the nationals in Orlando in July. But as I'm sure you all well know, playing college basketball is a major undertaking. He is merely trying to give them a glimpse of what they will endure. Better to learn now than later. The injuries? One was overuse. But the other was out of left field and had nothing to do with anything except...fate. So that would be two injuries out of 15. Playing two weekends a month and practicing 3/4 days a week...only the serious need apply. The competition we face is even more serious than we. Most of our girls come from upper middle class families but much of our competition is from below the poverty line and this is their ticket out. Their mental attitude is something to be admired. And that is bottom line here...the mental attitude. I feel sure there are other avenues and possible preferred routes but this is just an example of one. It has flaws, but it produces results. And Panther, I look forward to meeting you down the line. :roflol:

Don you are right 15 is to much and if you are having that many injuries you are playing and dang sure practicing to much.

the dream 1 you are on a roll... for all of the insightfull thoughts that you have, you must have a team that has great success and does not charge the girls $400 start up and $160 per month to play. Can you please tell me what team that is you run and coach? OH you probably dont. You are the one that sits in the stands and complains about everything and does nothing. You speek like you know us or me and you dont know Jack. You have no clue what we are about and the time and energy we put into this so every younglady, no matter what income level, has an opportunity. So dont sit behind this board and talk about something you have no idea about. If you what to help please call and we would love to have you sit on the sideline and engergize our team. But if not then shut up!!! We have corp sponsor at a fundraiser that pay most of our expenses so the cost is Very low if any to the familes. We are a one team show.. that is it. We do not have a 12,13,14,15 and 16U teams so all of the girls play on one team..that is why we have 15 girls on our team.. SO WE CAN GIVE EVERY GIRL WE CAN THE OPPORTUNITY TO REACH THERE GOALS!!!!!!! I have no kids so I do this because I care.. period but why am I explaining myself to you... If you have a girl that wants a fun but challenging experence then we would love to have them tryout... Because this is not about you nor me it is about THESE YOUNG LADIES!!!!!!!!