Now that State is back at the Cow Palace - Some Ideas!

lbhiii

Now that we all know that the state tournaments are back at the Williamson County Expo/Ag Center(better know to folks on this board, as the "Cow Palace"), I've got some ideas to liven up the event and also to help out friends from the SouthEast part of the state feel more at home:

1. Whenever a wrestler is injured, We have a calf roper, ride down, rope em, and drag em back to the training room. The stands who could all whoop and yell Yeehaw as they're dragged down the mat. I guarantee it would cut down on any injury time, minor injuries, or a wrestler even thinking about faking one

2. A new event call referee roping. I thought about calling it referee riding but that is already done. I need help with the rules.

3. Electric cattle prods will be available at each scoring table so referees can "encourage" coaches to go back to the corner. On the flip side, this also gives a coach a new tool to give a referee who made a questionable call a jolt of recognition about the rules.

3. BCB, get Mr. Jones to float you a loan to buy that abandoned truck stop that is right before you turn into the Cow Palace. You could turn it into an Irish Pub named "McKenzies". All the folks from Chattanooga could go there between rounds and create the "atmosphere" they're missing. For some reason, I just can picture you running a bar and being very successful.

3. Since everyone seems so hung up about ICE CREAM, the Brentwood Wrestling Club is going to become the official ice cream distributor for the 2 state tournaments. We are going to sell flavors like:

a. Bradley County Bear Paw Crunch - strong flavored and very consistent

b. Hamilton County's "Whine" flavored sorbet - lacks atmosphere

c. Purple Mackerel Swirl - popular in the middle and western part of the states

d. Knox County vanilla swirl - talks a big game but very overrated

We are also going to hold a contest for other flavors so feel free to chime in with yours.

4. The lack of showers is definitely an issue so we're going to hook up the cattle washing stalls and we'll even through in the soap and the cowboys. I'll just warn you that the cowboys really enjoy this.

5. Finally, we need to get Joe Blair a membership to Hair Club for Men. Another year of hosting state tournament, the final year of 8 years of Hoop boys in his room, and the loss of 2 All Americans I'm afraid is going to take it all away brutha............ ;)

We are all open to more suggestions so chime in!

P.S. This is all tongue and cheek and done in fun.... See everyone next year!

Gosh I love you Lou - only you could be this creative... You know if we talk sweetly to the Extension Office, I bet they've got a Horse Club that would be more than happy to give us calf ropers to catch those injuries... How about some bull doggers for the referees and the coaches! Heck, I'd bet Tractor Supply and the Co-oP would give us cattle prods for those table workers to get the bout sheets turned in timely... Of course Tractor Supply and Co-oP would want us to hang their banners - so they may have to donate directly to TSSAA...