Region 4a: Jackson Co vs Pickett County & Clarkrange vs RBS

swanson71

Leonard is in an elite group and what she has accomplished is amazing. But it is only fair to tell everyone that her 3000 pts came from 5 yrs of playing high school. She was allowed to play with RBS as an 8th grader. I’m not taking anything from her because she is great just stating a fact because it is almost unheard of for a high school player to reach 3000.

Now you're not tellin the entire truth here. she didn't start playing high school ball until after christmas of her 8th grade year so its more like 4 and 1/4 not 5.

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Leonard is in an elite group and what she has accomplished is amazing. But it is only fair to tell everyone that her 3000 pts came from 5 yrs of playing high school. She was allowed to play with RBS as an 8th grader. I’m not taking anything from her because she is great just stating a fact because it is almost unheard of for a high school player to reach 3000.

Now you're not tellin the entire truth here. she didn't start playing high school ball until after christmas of her 8th grade year so its more like 4 and 1/4 not 5.

No disrespect intended she is a great player but she an opportunity that most in high school don’t get. I didn't follow her that close when she was in RBS I just know she was listed on their roster the beginning of 05-06 season. The fans know what she played but I just know she had an extra year that others didn't. Even without the 8th grade year she would have cleared 2500 easy. Just stating she was on their roster and did play in 8th for RBS high school team.

No disrespect intended she is a great player but she an opportunity that most in high school don’t get. I didn't follow her that close when she was in RBS I just know she was listed on their roster the beginning of 05-06 season. The fans know what she played but I just know she had an extra year that others didn't. Even without the 8th grade year she would have cleared 2500 easy. Just stating she was on their roster and did play in 8th for RBS high school team.

Well like you said you didn't follow that close so you don't know enough said :roflol:

well i did follow her and have even after she left rbs and she did play the entire high school basketball season her 8th grade year. she played jr until the high achool season started and when the high school season started up she stopped playing on the junior high team to play for the high school...3000 points however long you play is an amazing accomplishment and it happed to such a great person

well i did follow her and have even after she left rbs and she did play the entire high school basketball season her 8th grade year. she played jr until the high achool season started and when the high school season started up she stopped playing on the junior high team to play for the high school...3000 points however long you play is an amazing accomplishment and it happed to such a great person

I agree it is an amazing accomplishment.

Hey midsportsfan, now enough said. :wacko:

Well like you said you didn't follow that close so you don't know enough said :wacko:

Blowbag,she played the entire 8th grade year on the high school team,make sure you know what you are talking about,enough said.

I think anyone that follows girls high school basketball knows that she played as an 8th grader on the high school team. This is a small perk of playing at such a small high school where k-12 is all under one roof. The amazing thing is that she scored these points as an 8th grader against high school girls. She led RBS in scoring and rebounding and led them to the state tournament for only the 3rd time in school history. Yes she had an extra year but to score 3000 points is amazing whether its 4 or 5 years. Im sure , if you have seen her play, that all her stats are impressive , not just scoring. Swanson said it best, it couldnt have happened to a better person and she is not done yet. These are all facts, so not sure who is blowing here, but its not Laken, seems like all shes doing is scoring. Be happy for people who work hard and have success, thats what is supposed to happen.

Well like you said you didn't follow that close so you don't know enough said :wacko:

Blowbag,she played the entire 8th grade year on the high school team,make sure you know what you are talking about,enough said.

Blowbag.. :!:;)

Everyone was praising this player, offering congratulations, but this took things off the track:

There's been nothing on here in this topic putting down the player, there's no need for anyone to jump to her defense as it will just take away from the games to be played.

wow, she played the entire year as an 8th grader, we all know this. incredible to be good enough to play as an 8th grader and have an impact like she did. YES SHE PLAYED THE ENTIRE YEAR AS AN 8TH GRADER, this doesnt take away from what she has accomplished. chill out, maybe get some bran for your muffin.