BOLIVAR VS. COVINGTON : WHO WINS

btownbasketball

Yes Bolivar beat Covington in Overtime. By 2. Covington has improved drastically since then. Derrick Walker is gone but thats not all they had. Now u have Carl Mckenzie thats a beast down low and outside thats averaged 30plus points after the Christmas break. Then u have lester gude who is a high flyer and will take off on u if u gets near the paint. He can also shoot the 3. And lets not forget about the assassin they have from the outside in Claybohn. In the district championship vs. ripley he score 11 points in less than a minute bringing covington within 4 from a 15 point deficit. But Ripley was too much for them beating them by 22. Please don't sleep on Ripley and Covington. Just because Liberty and Bolivar are household names doesn't mean they're gonna run ova these district 13AA teams. If u drive north on highway 51 and ask around Ripley and Covington are household names. And are just as good if not better than Bolivar and Liberty. Im looking for it to be a 13AA championship all ova again. Covington ova Bolivar by 10.

• Replies 23
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yes Bolivar beat Covington in Overtime. By 2. Covington has improved drastically since then. Derrick Walker is gone but thats not all they had. Now u have Carl Mckenzie thats a beast down low and outside thats averaged 30plus points after the Christmas break. Then u have lester gude who is a high flyer and will take off on u if u gets near the paint. He can also shoot the 3. And lets not forget about the assassin they have from the outside in Claybohn. In the district championship vs. ripley he score 11 points in less than a minute bringing covington within 4 from a 15 point deficit. But Ripley was too much for them beating them by 22. Please don't sleep on Ripley and Covington. Just because Liberty and Bolivar are household names doesn't mean they're gonna run ova these district 13AA teams. If u drive north on highway 51 and ask around Ripley and Covington are household names. And are just as good if not better than Bolivar and Liberty. Im looking for it to be a 13AA championship all ova again. Covington ova Bolivar by 10.

It is one thing to be well known in your neck of the woods. Liberty and Bolivar are known across the state for winning big games and I am pretty sure Liberty and Bolivar have pretty good players on there team also. Who knows, you might win. Good luck your going to need it. :wacko:

I would never count Covington out. I wasn't saying Walker was the only player they had last season I was simply saying he was the best player on last seasons team. I saw Walker dominate Jackson NS at Jackson last season. Last seasons team was very good and athletic and I'm sure a few of those kids are playing this season. I would not be suprised at all if they beat Bolivar. I haven't seen Covington this season but I would be willing to bet they have a size advantage over Bolivar but I can't imagine Covington being able to match Bolivars backcourt of Murphy and Tisdale who are both 4 year starters and the 2 best players on the team. I think this could end up going down to the wire. I have to go with Bolivar just because of Rudesill but I also believe this game could go either way.

OK that's the guy Lester Gude whom I was talking about. That kid tried to dunk everything on the right side of the rim when they played Sheffield. I think Bolivar's backcourt will step up for the Tigers and get that win