Still upset that East Hamilton charges $3 to park

blitzinbuc

Ok first of all I was also asked to pay the $3 dollars to park and when I asked if it was a donation they said yes without hesitation??? And further more if your were not happy or misinformed the concession stand gave you your money back!! A lot of schools do this as a fund raiser! Tyner I believe does it for the band and Brainerd does it also. It is nothing really new because we were at Volleyball state in 2008 and Siegle charged everyone $5 dollars to park!!!

I agree there should have been signs!! And I hope they do that next time!

We paid $5 to park at Cleveland High School last year when they hosted the Regional Tournament for AAA. Everyone knows that it is a DONATION. Every school charges money to park to help offset their athletic costs and that is why the tournament rotates location. It benefits all schools that way. East Hamilton has NO BASEBALL FIELD, NO FOOTBALL FIELD, NO TRACK, NO TENNIS COURTS, NO SOFTBALL FIELD. Hamilton County does not pay for athletic facilities. The only reason they have a gym is because it is considered a class room. For them to ask for $3 dollars to park is NOT out of the question. As far as the gate charge, that is totally determined by the TSSAA and NOT East Hamilton.

Instead of complaining on this site, feel fortunate that you are not going through what the parents and players are going through right now at East Hamilton. They are all having to pay a larger price than anyone else to try and raise enough money so the kids at that school don't have to travel all over town to try and find a field to play other schools.

Go ahead.. if it makes you feel like a BETTER PERSON because you don't want to donate $3 to help out high school and middle school kids in need, then keep your money. I am sure they would rather not have it.

Ok first of all I was also asked to pay the $3 dollars to park and when I asked if it was a donation they said yes without hesitation??? And further more if your were not happy or misinformed the concession stand gave you your money back!! A lot of schools do this as a fund raiser! Tyner I believe does it for the band and Brainerd does it also. It is nothing really new because we were at Volleyball state in 2008 and Siegle charged everyone $5 dollars to park!!!

I agree there should have been signs!! And I hope they do that next time!

We paid $5 to park at Cleveland High School last year when they hosted the Regional Tournament for AAA. Everyone knows that it is a DONATION. Every school charges money to park to help offset their athletic costs and that is why the tournament rotates location. It benefits all schools that way. East Hamilton has NO BASEBALL FIELD, NO FOOTBALL FIELD, NO TRACK, NO TENNIS COURTS, NO SOFTBALL FIELD. Hamilton County does not pay for athletic facilities. The only reason they have a gym is because it is considered a class room. For them to ask for $3 dollars to park is NOT out of the question. As far as the gate charge, that is totally determined by the TSSSA and NOT East Hamilton.

Instead of complaining on this site, feel fortunate that you are not going through what the parents and players are going through right now at East Hamilton. They are all having to pay a larger price than anyone else to try and raise enough money so the kids at that school don't have to travel all over town to try and find a field to play other schools.

Go ahead.. if it makes you feel like a BETTER PERSON because you don't want to donate $3 to help out high school and middle school kids in need, then keep your money. I am sure they would rather not have it.

That's quite an attitude you have there, trying to force people to fund what's probably "your" chosen school. Did anyone on here force you to give to their chosen school when they were building baseball fields? football fields? track? tennis courts? softball fields? If Hamilton County doesn't fund these facilities, it not the fault of the fans of McMinn and Meigs Counties. I assure that the facilities of Meigs County and McMinn Central were from much work and sweat by parents and fans, over many years. Perhaps you all should try it.

And as far as your statement of EVERY school "charging" to park, I'll tell you straight up you're telling a lie. Asking for a donation is one thing.......extorting money from them is another.

Am pretty sure I was charged at Cleveland High School last year. The fans are alredy a capture audience thats just the schools padding their programs. But whats the difference when parking is charged for football games. It's just something your not expecting.

Free parking and $5.00 admission for everyone at Shelbyville last night. Kids under 6 free.

Making me wonder how East Hamilton charged $6.00 admission for anyone.....toddlers and infants. Aren't the admission prices and regualtions for such established by the TSSAA, statewide?

Howard also charged $3 to park... signs or no signs it's too late to drive 30 miles back home because you don't want to pay to park. Husband brought one car from work, and I brought one from home. $6 to park....$6 per body to get into a regular season NON district game. Total cost of our immmediate family to watch my daughter $36. OUTRAGEOUS. When I argued about having to pay admission for the lil' ones after having paid parking, I was told Honey, you want to pay to park because you want security out there! Gee, that wasn't racist, at all. I also screamed for security very loudly when I left, just to see if I got my $6 worth....no one came!

Someone said go ahead if it makes you feel like a better person and keep your $3. Sometimes that has nothing to do with it. When you play twice or more a week and have a large family, what ends up happening at times is the family has to stay home and can't even be there to support their sister/brother, because schools take advantage. If all schools did this, I can't afford $75 or more admission a week.

We have never charged to park at our school, nor do we charge for babies to enter.

I am a retired Owls fan and I have paid everywhere we have played in the post season. I have no problem helping out a school. If you all don't want to pay then don't come to Ooltewah, they charge like everyone else in Hamilton and Bradley Counties. As far as that goes, everywhere we have traveled outside the counties as well over the past ten years.

By the way, I do not even have a child or grandchild in the Tennesse public school system. I am just a fan of my community.

Go Owls!

We paid $5 to park at Cleveland High School last year when they hosted the Regional Tournament for AAA. Everyone knows that it is a DONATION. Every school charges money to park to help offset their athletic costs and that is why the tournament rotates location. It benefits all schools that way. East Hamilton has NO BASEBALL FIELD, NO FOOTBALL FIELD, NO TRACK, NO TENNIS COURTS, NO SOFTBALL FIELD. Hamilton County does not pay for athletic facilities. The only reason they have a gym is because it is considered a class room. For them to ask for $3 dollars to park is NOT out of the question. As far as the gate charge, that is totally determined by the TSSAA and NOT East Hamilton.

You are misinformed come to POLK COUNTY we have never charged to park at ANY athletic event! We have found other ways to raise money to support our programs. We did not have athletic fields at our new school(opened in 2003) we played football at the middle school till 2006. We never had an on campus baseball or softball field. Baseball built one with fund raisers in 2007 and softball played their first games on their new field last year!So you don't have to fleece fans I was upset about paying the parking fee last night and was told when I protested "I'm sorry" as he took the money!

You are misinformed come to POLK COUNTY we have never charged to park at ANY athletic event! We have found other ways to raise money to support our programs. We did not have athletic fields at our new school(opened in 2003) we played football at the middle school till 2006. We never had an on campus baseball or softball field. Baseball built one with fund raisers in 2007 and softball played their first games on their new field last year!So you don't have to fleece fans I was upset about paying the parking fee last night and was told when I protested "I'm sorry" as he took the money!

You are precisely right, and I commend the efforts of Polk County fans in acomplishing what they have done in such a short time. Your facilities are a result of a lot of hard work, sweat, and donations by many. If East Hamilton's fans, parents, and community puts forth the same effort, they'll have those nice fields in a few short years.

By the way, I posted on here in another thread on here that East Hamilton's Principal has stated there won't be any attempt to fleece fans for parking during the remainder of the Region 3AA tournament.