Still upset that East Hamilton charges $3 to park

blitzinbuc

They charge admission as well? Seems as though a parking fee should be part of an admissions price as well....gone are the days of free high school games.

I'm sure the admission price for post-season games is set by the TSSAA. However, I also disagree with the TSSAA charging $6.00 for each "body" that attends the games. Several people I know had to pay the $6.00 for their toddlers and infants. :roflol:

East Hamilton was just taking advantage of hosting the game and decided to fleece the fans of the participating schools by charging $3.00 to park.

I didn't think they could "legally" charge for parking on a Public school property...I thought it had to be a Donation...

Exactly.....which is why I asked the guy if it was mandatory. He shifted his eyes and said yes, then tried to say it had something to do with the TSSAA. I told his that was BS and wanted to argue with him more but the spouse just handed him the $3.00 because a cop was coming over there and there was a line of vehicles behind us. I'm so stubborn that I would have pulled to the side to argue my case with him and the cop.

I wrote an e-mail letter this morning to East Hamilton's Principal, Mrs. Pam Dantzler (dantzler_p@hcde.org). I hope many other's do too.

I didn't think they could "legally" charge for parking on a Public school property...I thought it had to be a Donation...

Exactly.....which is why I asked the guy if it was mandatory. He shifted his eyes and said yes, then tried to say it had something to do with the TSSAA. I told his that was BS and wanted to argue with him more but the spouse just handed him the $3.00 because a cop was coming over there and there was a line of vehicles behind us. I'm so stubborn that I would have pulled to the side to argue my case with him and the cop.

I wrote an e-mail letter this morning to East Hamilton's Principal, Mrs. Pam Dantzler (dantzler_p@hcde.org). I hope many other's do too.

Ok that's insanity. Ya'll need to band together up there and get this reversed. If this happened in our region, there would be an uproar!!! Power to the people!!!

Ok first of all I was also asked to pay the $3 dollars to park and when I asked if it was a donation they said yes without hesitation??? And further more if your were not happy or misinformed the concession stand gave you your money back!! A lot of schools do this as a fund raiser! Tyner I believe does it for the band and Brainerd does it also. It is nothing really new because we were at Volleyball state in 2008 and Siegle charged everyone $5 dollars to park!!!

I agree there should have been signs!! And I hope they do that next time!

Ok first of all I was also asked to pay the $3 dollars to park and when I asked if it was a donation they said yes without hesitation??? And further more if your were not happy or misinformed the concession stand gave you your money back!! A lot of schools do this as a fund raiser! Tyner I believe does it for the band and Brainerd does it also. It is nothing really new because we were at Volleyball state in 2008 and Siegle charged everyone $5 dollars to park!!!

I agree there should have been signs!! And I hope they do that next time!

That's not what I was told. Maybe after I lectured the guy, he realized they could get in trouble, thus what he told you. And obviously I was never told I could get any money back from the concessions, since he stated it as a parking charge.

It's not the money, it's the principle with me. And the guy basically lied to me, then when questioned he tried to blame it on being a TSSAA thing.