Region 8AAA at Central

knoxbball

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

They announced that Dyer County defeated Jackson North Side (no score), and will host White Station.

---------------------------

Monday -- AAA Sub State:

White Station at Dyer County

JNS at Melrose

Blow out Melrose...great match up with Prather and Adonis..Depending on the refs, Dyer County and WS could be close....

Blow out Melrose...great match up with Prather and Adonis..Depending on the refs, Dyer County and WS could be close....

Based on everything that I've read, I'm inclined to agree with you about Dyer County and White Station.

White Station is the type of team (excellent FTs + 2 solid guards + Joe Jackson's poise and savvy) that can go into Dyer County, overcome the "short ref (and friends)" and still come away with a solid 7 to 12 point win.

Based on everything that I've read, I'm inclined to agree with you about Dyer County and White Station.

White Station is the type of team (excellent FTs + 2 solid guards + Joe Jackson's poise and savvy) that can go into Dyer County, overcome the "short ref (and friends)" and still come away with a solid 7 to 12 point win.

Yea Trader if I was betting I would put my money on WS...Joe won't be rattled at all with the crowd...Dyer County's style of play actually plays into the strength of WS. With that said Dyer at home with that sea of orange will be a tough out...Their not real big except for Ced Janes down low but Marvin and Nino should be able to contain him

Here's what the ref does. He along with the rest of the crew allows Dyer Co play super aggressive, for example shoving players in the back for rebounds, going over the back for rebounds, flopping, and more. Yet then they force the other team to not play aggressive by calling every touch foul and some that are not even there. So just like against Bolton and Cordova, there opponent is faced with the bonus in the 3rd and maybe the double bonus by the beginning of the 4th, like against Bolton. The Refs change the way the game is played to help Dyer.

You lost get over it!

Here's what the ref does. He along with the rest of the crew allows Dyer Co play super aggressive, for example shoving players in the back for rebounds, going over the back for rebounds, flopping, and more. Yet then they force the other team to not play aggressive by calling every touch foul and some that are not even there. So just like against Bolton and Cordova, there opponent is faced with the bonus in the 3rd and maybe the double bonus by the beginning of the 4th, like against Bolton. The Refs change the way the game is played to help Dyer.

Thanks for the specifics about the refs!!!!

It is really a shame to hear about refs doing the sort of stuff that you outlined! It all reminds me of the "snow job" that the refs tried to put on undefeated Mphs Hamilton, years ago-- during its State Title game (win) over Shelbyville. I wonder if these are the same refs, rearing their ugly heads again...

Anayway, it was downright disgraceful to watch those refs blatantly try to take the game from Hamilton! Thank God they did not succeed.

What's really a shame is taking an obvious sore losers opinion for the gospel. Objectivity is a hard thing to come by on this board. That goes for everyone.

Oh my...Oh my, I think Melrose HAS REALLY hit their stride. This is going to be the hands on favorite and I don't think theres a public school in this area(Southeast) that could beat them at this moment. It took awhile for them to mesh and for Coach JJ to calm himself down, but better late than never and now I really don't feel bad at all about Southwind losing to them!

How far is Dyer County from Memphis. How long does it take to get there and how hard is it to get tickets?

It takes the family and I about 2 hours to get to Olive Branch, and we live 17 minutes south of Dyer County High school.

I've never had trouble getting into a game, but I get there early so I can have my favorite nose bleed seat up at the rafters about mid court :thumb:

Hope that helps a little :thumb: