Hampton vs Cloudland

Well Durden as usual, you don't have a clue about basketball. It takes an inside game to have an outside game! Oh but I forgot, you don't have an inside game, thus guess what you don't have an outside game either!! (ASK NED SMITH) :lol: Hey lets take it down the court and see who can make a 3....or better yet throw it away. Oh btw, your star guards need a little work on defense right? But don't believe me just look at the paper tomorrow and see who isn't going to State Tourney. All that talent and they won't play as a team, what a shame! :| You know, if I was a post player on that team I would want something to change, they post up time and time again and the "guards" won't throw it in. I know of at least 20 times #50 #14 #33 & the big kid #44 would work hard inside to pin their guy and never see the ball...but wait, let me dribble dribble dribble and see if I can get "my" shot then if I happen to miss one of you post men get it and throw it back to us!!! But hey, it ALL starts on the bench! So Mr. Durden have you made your reservations for "next Year" yet???? Gonna be a long off season, maybe you can watch some basketball on tv!!! Be sure to get you an extra bag of chips, your falling away to nothing. :|:D:D

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Congrats to both teams on very good seasons, takes alot of hard work and disapline .Got to hate it for the seniors, but enen if you win the state, it all has to come to an end.For all the underclassmen ,time to go to work,sports are year around these days. Proud of any kid who is willing to give so much .The best thing about it all is it teaches kids alot of lifes lessons. Teaches them how to work to be winners in life. Good bunch of kids on both teams. Proud of all of you. Are you ready for some FOOTBALL.

Cloudland is a very good team and their past success provides the evidence. They lost to another good team, it happens every year in every classification. Hampton, however, has a deeper problem. Their coach mentioned it in the paper basically. The regular season is a bunch of practice games, it's the post-season that matters. Hampton's past shows more choking than anything. They stiffen up during tournament time. Many of you bulldogs mention inferior teams, yet they are the ones who go each year. In fact, looking at your schedule, do you guys every come down the mountain? what is really sad and choke type material, oliver springs came to you... in your gym..... you guys even had luck on your side just due to that...... and..... nothing...

It all goes back to what I had said earlier. Coaching. These kids are winners from their past and have great potential. Good coaching will help develop these kids and let them be successful. I understand that Hampton will be returning all but 2 seniors next year but if you want the same ole results then keep the same ole coaching methods. It has been obvious with mostly the same kids the last 3 years there hasnt been any "great" results. Don't misunderstand, Coach White is a hall of famer and HAS BEEN a great coach in the past. He still knows basketball but his ideas are long gone. He has built a legacy at Hampton and even has his "own song"! But if he keeps up this so so sub par performances then his legacy will obviously be tarnished! It's time for some new blood and new ideas. Hopefully some soul searching will be done by ALL.

I agree White has no right talking about when it counts, these boys has had to do it all on their own this year NO coaching at all ! All i ever see is those coaches giving up setting back and crossing their arms and your right if they want it to get better, get a new coach ! We have had some of the best talent in the state and there are many coaches that would die to have the team he has had, all I can say is hang in there boys maybe he will quit and we will get a new coach!!