Way to go McMinn Central....62-54 winner over Cannon County

blitzinbuc

Great game. Good atmosphere. Unfortunately, Cannon came up short at the end. Cannon made too many turnovers and missed too many free throws. McMinn has a very good team and should do well in the State Tourney.

Cannon County has nothing to be ashamed of. It was a nailbiter there at the end. Coach Dodgen is a great Coach (ironically, with a lot of McMinn County heritage in his blood) and I assure you he'll have some stout teams for many years.

• Replies 15
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Central girls played Marshall Co. in semis 2 years ago in a nail biter, Marshall won the finals easy that year. I just hope MC doesn't flop like last year. I think Gibson is the team to beat.

To be honest, they may just rename the AA tourney the "Lady Pioneer Classic"..... :?

They are very good, again and peaking at exactly the right time of year, again.....

That's funny that 6 of the 8 teams to make the state tourney come from 3 districts. Gibson County and Westview are from the same district. McMinn Central and Polk County. And Greeneville and South Greene. Funny how that works some times I guess.

Wonder if that's the first time they've had 3/4 of the state tournament teams from only 3 districts?