State Tournament Day ONE

PHargis

Its very obvious that the first day of State Tournment 2010 in Murphy Center is goiing to be a great success with enthusiasm very seldom seen at a Wednesday event and the reason being the detail and planning done before the Class A schools won their Tournaments, along with the students and fans who came to the site. To this point, the TSSAA certainly deserves an A rating for its work. Yes, you can complain about small things but the intentions are first class and the organization is great from the programs of concerning in the safe driving, the reduction of casualties and safety and the concern of safety with cell phones and those sponsers who have partnered with the TSSAA with those programs are to be commended. Small schools interest in the STATE OF TENNESSEE Girls Basketball Event is alive and interest is high from schools from all over the State. The 8 Schools who are playing are representing their area of the state very well from Jackson County to South Greene, to Scotts Hill to North Greene. from Gibson County to CPA, and for the respect the schools playing have for just seeing and playing against the schools who went thru the venting process that each of the others had to go thru to get to this stage. Enthusiasm? Yes. Pride for each of their schools and community? Yes. Great Crowds. Yes. Many who will play at schools in and out of the state at another level and those who will be watching those playing at another level.

or those parents who have followed these students to the Boro, to see this event and see the play, it is a big event for the school year and an event many will remember the rest of their life. Take in as many events as you can.

The Tennessean reported that approximately two thousand less fans showed up at state first day than the previous year. :cry:

• Replies 16
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Start it up. Don't be shy :cry:

Ok lol

First day was good. Jackson Co was who we thought they were lol like I said in a nother thread not to be mean but I wasnt too impressed with middleton

Semi fianl prediction: Jackson Co. 60 Middleton 42

More Co. Struggled with Wayne Co but I think Moore Co. is better than what they showed. CSAS had to have ben the surprise team of the tourney. no one really talked about them at all and people still really arent talking about them. but after running away from Scotts Hill I dont think anyone will overlook them

Semi Final prediction: CSAS 54 Moore Co. 49

. The Tennessean reported that approximately two thousand less fans showed up at state first day than the previous year. :cry:

I wonder if this has anything to do with the length of the postseason.( i personally dont have a problem with it) but I wonder if .especially in this economy, its putting a strain on people if you are having to pay for all of these games. if you think about it you could be paying for 2-4 ditrict tourney games 3 region games a substate game and possibly 3 state games you are looking at close to $80 and thats not including gas and food

The Tennessean reported that approximately two thousand less fans showed up at state first day than the previous year. :lol:

I wonder if this has anything to do with the length of the postseason.( i personally dont have a problem with it) but I wonder if .especially in this economy, its putting a strain on people if you are having to pay for all of these games. if you think about it you could be paying for 2-4 ditrict tourney games 3 region games a substate game and possibly 3 state games you are looking at close to $80 and thats not including gas and food

If I am correct the price of admission is 12 dollars to Div I state, it was 15 dollars to Div II state. :lol:

The Tennessean reported that approximately two thousand less fans showed up at state first day than the previous year. B)

First day was IA day but you can't use that. A lot of schools in ET dropped their classification from AAA to AA. Inter City schools still don't come. Regular season attendance seemed to be good everywhere.`