WHS 35 Lenoir City 7

WHS 14 Union County 0

WHS 16 Gatlinburg-Pittman 8

WHS 28 Fulton 8

WHS 21 Unicoi County 0

WHS 22 Scott 18

WHS 14 Seymour 10

WHS 7 Marion County 41

I'm guessing this would be it, or would this be the semis? BTW I'm pretty sure all of the coaches are out of coaching. I also said the best 5a team in the KNOXVILLE area, not state rollredroll.

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

West actually has been to the quarterfinals. Nice Try. Not sure about the semis though. Probably not, but I don't care. West is the best program 5A in Knoxville at the moment and I'll hang my hat on that. Like I said, past statistics are for losers. It's like Alabama fans in football and Kentucky in basketball. (I know they were both good this year, but you know what I mean)

HTV, West had a receiver transfer to Powell, just fyi.

West has made made the quarters and semis one time in school history, in 1994. That was two classifications and formats ago. Since then they have been in the playoffs 6 times and made the second round 4 of those 6 and haven't gotten past the second round:

http://tssaa.org/schdir/dolist.cfm

Not sure how you can say that West is the best 5A program in Knox County right now, given that West didn't even make the playoffs a year ago. Catholic is obviously ahead of where West is right now, and most likely ahead of any of the other Knox County 5As, as well. Of course, it's really silly to make such a claim, anyway. The games are played on the field and not on paper or on an internet message board.

I know the kid you are talking about, and he isn't a transfer, by the way. He moved in to the Powell zone, so he is going where he is zoned. Nice looking athlete, but it's hard to get a read on him yet as he is still rehabbing the knee. I don't know where he'll end up, but it more than likely won't be at WR. More than likely he'll end up on defense somewhere. I'm looking forward to seeing what he can do in spring practice.

It looks like the same song, second verse, to me, only worse than last year. Since all wins count, and not just the district wins, it is going to force schools to scrap the marquee type regular season non-district games (Oak Ridge/D-B and Farragut/Ooltewah, for example) in favor of teams from lower classifications with the potential to finish .500 or better. Teams need that extra win, since all games count towards playoff selection, and not just district games. I don't see any improvement.

Of course, I liked the old region format we had before last year. I'm a proponent of the "if it's not broke, don't fix it" theory, and it appears now that the powers that be tried to fix something that wasn't broken. Last year's debacle proves that, and I don't see much room for improvement in the tweak that they call a new system this year.

Just my opinion.

It looks like the same song, second verse, to me, only worse than last year. Since all wins count, and not just the district wins, it is going to force schools to scrap the marquee type regular season non-district games (Oak Ridge/D-B and Farragut/Ooltewah, for example) in favor of teams from lower classifications with the potential to finish .500 or better. Teams need that extra win, since all games count towards playoff selection, and not just district games. I don't see any improvement.

Of course, I liked the old region format we had before last year. I'm a proponent of the "if it's not broke, don't fix it" theory, and it appears now that the powers that be tried to fix something that wasn't broken. Last year's debacle proves that, and I don't see much room for improvement in the tweak that they call a new system this year.

Just my opinion.

They changed from the first format to cut down on regular season travel and save money for school systems and yet when you make the playoffs you have to travel from Chattanooga to Greeneville...Chattanooga Centrall had to do that this year! But anyway it is what it is and will be a very big challenge each week and even more demanding on the players and coaches...It will be fun!

1994 (11-3)

WHS 7 Bearden 14

WHS W Claiborne L

WHS 28 Karns 6

WHS 27 Gibbs 8

WHS 22 Powell 55

WHS W Austin-East L

WHS 35 Lenoir City 7

WHS 14 Union County 0

WHS 16 Gatlinburg-Pittman 8

WHS 28 Fulton 8

WHS 21 Unicoi County 0

WHS 22 Scott 18

WHS 14 Seymour 10

WHS 7 Marion County 41

I'm guessing this would be it, or would this be the semis? BTW I'm pretty sure all of the coaches are out of coaching. I also said the best 5a team in the KNOXVILLE area, not state rollredroll.

I thought "past statistics [were] for losers".

State, Knoxville, whatever. If past statistics don't matter, then I don't know how anyone can proclaim any team in the present to be superior to another. Everyone starts at 0-0.

Well we're not in season, so there are no records. Who cares anyway. HTV, he WILL play receiver. He decided to go to Powell because West doesn't "pass" enough.

He will? Are you on the coaching staff at Powell?

It's my understanding that the move to Powell wasn't primarily football related.

• 1 month later...

Who is this running rebel :roflol: who thinks west high school would run through this distict. You are out of your mind ;) the 3 top teams would run through west mark that down, and thats not counting Powell or Central, and they would both beat ya too. yes clinton will be just fine witout stone, got a strong armed qb coming back who has learn from stone for 3 years now, tons of RB's and a Huge o line and d line. Oake Ridge is back and loaded this season, although I hate them and their fans :lol: they still will be very good this year. Same for the cows. Powell is back and so is central. Thats four really good teams that west would not run through. Heard Grace christian beat ya, :lol: try beatin a 1 a team first before you start sayin you would run through a 5 a district :lol: