Rankings Week 1 for 3/15-3/20

mjuhb

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

hmmmmmm. I just dont understand how columbia can be ranked 32.. and independence ranked 9.. because columbia tied them... the score shows 3-1 but it was very blatent that 2 of their scores started with being no less then 5 yards offsides each time. not to mention their starting goaling got a straight red for coming out in his box attacking the ball.. and runnin over an IHS player in the process.. clean goalie play i saw.. Now lets also show the fact columbia hit the crossbar 4 times in the first half.

These are rankings from some individual that just started a thread with his own opinion....correct me if I am wrong. I disagree with the order of many myself. I wouldn't get to worked up over the order.

I couple folks have made comments about Fairview......can anyone give me any info on them.

Fairview is 3 an 0 on the year there close game was page which they beat 4 to 1 they have a lot of seniors on the team

True fairview is strong this year, but like you said they are very old team, sadly next year i dont think it will be a toss up if they are good or not. they will fall off a mighty cliff

hmmmmmm. I just dont understand how columbia can be ranked 32.. and independence ranked 9.. because columbia tied them... the score shows 3-1 but it was very blatent that 2 of their scores started with being no less then 5 yards offsides each time. not to mention their starting goaling got a straight red for coming out in his box attacking the ball.. and runnin over an IHS player in the process.. clean goalie play i saw.. Now lets also show the fact columbia hit the crossbar 4 times in the first half.

Wow...so now apparently soccer teams are ranked by what we think the score should have been. There are lots of games in which one team will have 30 shots and break down once and lose the game 1-0. Independence's first goal came from an outside midfielder running past two defenders to score so that can't be offsides. 3rd goal came from a center midfield run which clearly wasn't offsides either. Yes Columbia hit the bar 4 times. Want to count how many times Indy hit the ball over the goal throughout the entire game? I will agree that Columbia is a very good team, but I will also say that was far from Independences best that day. The goalie made two stupid plays. Kicked the ball away after the play (first yellow) , and took a player down in the box (second yellow). Independence capitalized. Enough said....Score was 3-1.

Wow...so now apparently soccer teams are ranked by what we think the score should have been. There are lots of games in which one team will have 30 shots and break down once and lose the game 1-0. Independence's first goal came from an outside midfielder running past two defenders to score so that can't be offsides. 3rd goal came from a center midfield run which clearly wasn't offsides either. Yes Columbia hit the bar 4 times. Want to count how many times Indy hit the ball over the goal throughout the entire game? I will agree that Columbia is a very good team, but I will also say that was far from Independences best that day. The goalie made two stupid plays. Kicked the ball away after the play (first yellow) , and took a player down in the box (second yellow). Independence capitalized. Enough said....Score was 3-1.

Couldn't have said it better Jimcalhoon. But honestly xxsoccerxx, according to you, you might want to protest this to tssaa, they might approve, a goal is worth maybe 2 points, hitting the crossbar/post is a point and if your team get's a red then the game was terrible and the outcome should be totally different and it shouldn't count...This is what it sounds like to me...This is ridiculous! This is why the game is 80 MINUTES LONG NOT 77 MIN OR 79 MIN BUT 80. So what if it happened the last two minutes!? So also, for football, if someone scores on their two minute drill and scores a winning field goal and wins by a point...it should be a tie, because the other team ALMOST scored earlier in the first quarter, but their kicker hit the upright. Come on man. Also, your saying that OH but CCHS keeeper got a red for the "fair" challenge. Ok, I'm a goalie as you can see, first yes he did already have a yellow. Second, he ran over the guy 2-3 seconds after he headed it. Third, That is DEFINITELY a foul. Not only am I a goalie, but I am also a ref; that is a foul, automatically a PK. And also definitely a yellow, even if he hadn't had the other yellow from delay, it was a PK! The shooter probably would have made it any ways. So for you to say that it was a tie was RIDICULOUS.