East Tn athlete SPARQ rating tenth in the nation

dvp4life

On Saturday March 13th at the Nike football Combine in Charlotte NC, Charles"Anthony"Goins a junior QB/DB at Jefferson County High School scored a 113.25 SPARQ rating.He came in third at the combine and his score place him 10th in the nation after 8 combines. GREAT JOB Anthony!!

On Saturday March 13th at the Nike football Combine in Charlotte NC, Charles"Anthony"Goins a junior QB/DB at Jefferson County High School scored a 113.25 SPARQ rating.He came in third at the combine and his score place him 10th in the nation after 8 combines. GREAT JOB Anthony!!

Impressive no doubt! Looked up a few current big named college players sparq rating and Goins blows theirs out of the water! No doubt the score is impressive in the physical sense of the game, but from what i hear about this kid his mental side of the game would not favor such a high score as his sparq rating does. :angry:

That is awesome!

:angry::wub:

I would be interested to know if that is a record for TN football players to test at the Nike combines.

Here is a link to info about SPARQ, but I have not found the records by State.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/SPARQ_Training

Also, here is the link to the 2010 ratings listed so far (the Charlotte and Atlanta ratings not yet updated)and a video of young Mr. Goins: http://rise.espn.go.com/football/recrui ... Index.aspx

Way to GO Anthonly way to represent Jefferson County High School!!!

Impressive no doubt! Looked up a few current big named college players sparq rating and Goins blows theirs out of the water! No doubt the score is impressive in the physical sense of the game, but from what i hear about this kid his mental side of the game would not favor such a high score as his sparq rating does. :angry:

Wow, what an uninformed comment coming from the 4life supporter of a team that went undefeated in the regular season only to make a bad mental game decision, I mean “gut” decision at the end of the playoff ball game by NOT throwing the ball into the endzone and lose to the wildcard team at home in the first round. Stopped at the 1. :’(

Hate it for the kids who worked so hard last year.

(That I truly mean, they deserved a better end to their season.)

Maybe you should have kicked the extra point and played it out in OT???????

But that is on the mental side of the game.

I guess we all can not be as “smart” or make those “gut” decisions on the mental side of the game as well as the ScBears.

:wub::cry::huh:

So you may wish to be careful before throwing those stones in that glass house you live in. They are ALL 15 to 18 year old high school kids after all, so lay off the “mental” slaps.

The athletic achievement speaks volumes on it’s own.

Regards

Wow, what an uninformed comment coming from the 4life supporter of a team that went undefeated in the regular season only to make a bad mental game decision, I mean “gut” decision at the end of the playoff ball game by NOT throwing the ball into the endzone and lose to the wildcard team at home in the first round. Stopped at the 1. :’(

Hate it for the kids who worked so hard last year.

(That I truly mean, they deserved a better end to their season.)

Maybe you should have kicked the extra point and played it out in OT???????

But that is on the mental side of the game.

I guess we all can not be as “smart” or make those “gut” decisions on the mental side of the game as well as the ScBears.

:wub:8-):huh:

So you may wish to be careful before throwing those stones in that glass house you live in. They are ALL 15 to 18 year old high school kids after all, so lay off the “mental” slaps.

The athletic achievement speaks volumes on it’s own.

Regards

You make alot of good points OHS,My question is;is this even a Sc fan or player? THis smells an aweful lot like the pathetic posters on the JC site.I mean seriously,he mocks/copies my screen name (again),makes a profile,has 1 post, just so he can write something horrible about a 17year old who without a doubt has accomplished more at this young age than he ever will.Seriously..you read about something so amazing and it compels you to bash a kid??.So It's my take folks.that this basher isn't a Sevier Person..They have alot more class than this.Again It will be stated that if ANYONE wants to know who is bashing Goins and why ..just ask any Coach or Player on the JC team.You see!! again your not that smart! :cry: "It's as old as Caine and Able" By Sheryl Youst from Remember the Titans

This kid is probley great, I don't know of him. But I would not give you 2 cents for a Nike SPARQ rating.

I don't know who they have running these combines, but I do know there is not enough of them.

my kid went to one in Atlanta, and he is 6'3 300 lbs, and normally runs a 40 in 5.3 they clocked his 40 at 5.8, I would normally say that my kid could had a bad day, but they measured him at 6 foot, and 280 lbs. There were 4500 kids at that combine, and my guess is they rushed them through with inaccurate numbers. so if their off on his numbers, could'nt they just might be off on everyones numbers. As for us, I don't guess we will get a Nike SPARQ rating.