Games for week 3-15

dins8

Is it that time of year again already? Excellent write-up dins! From the looks of things, Alcoa will definitely be a contender again this year, but with a coach like akula at the helm I suppose that's to be expected. He's definitely built an excellent program over there in Blount County. I'll have to try and catch a game or two. Any word on the Seymour team so far with regards to scrimmages/games? I feel a little disconnected with Coach Norwood's move to Sevier County.

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Pitbull, the Seymour team had a couple of scrimmages rained/snowed out with Carter and Cookeville so the team has been hard to get a good read on so far. They are senior-laden, but have some injuries and moving up to AAA will be a challenge. The Eagles should compete for the district title with their talent and experience. They move the ball well and their finishing will improve. Opened last night with Clinton 2-0. They are fun to watch and should have a good year--Papa Norwood stopped by last night with the family for a few minutes.

yeah was tied at 1-1 with under two minutes to go and Columbia's keeper made a stupid play that resulted in a red card. Tough fought match for the most part until the very end.

Actually there was about ten minutes left when the go ahead pk was scored because Indy had time to go and score another one. I agree though that it was a very good match between two good teams.

This is second hand info, so please correct if wrong:

Catholic 2

Hardin Valley 1

Heard that there was a controversial "no goal" for Hardin Valley, and then Catholic caught them celebrating on a quick restart and scored.

Don't know much more than that.

Good physical game with Valley having a better first half and Catholic the better second half. Valley hit the post in the first half. Catholic started better in the second half and kept possesion but Valley scored on a great individual play when their player beat at least two Catholic players in the box and finished as the Catholic keeper was coming out. Shortly after that Valley was awarded a free kick close to the sideline and the Valley player that took it, hit a beautiful curving free kick in the Catholic goal mouth. The keeper went for the ball caught it and collided with a Valley player in front of the goal. The keeper dropped the ball and the Valley player scored. Catholic's defenders asked for a foul on keeper and the linesman agreed. I am not sure whether the linesman raised his flag before the appeal. I did not see a flag. The ref consulted linesman and disallowed the goal.

From then on it was all Catholic. #14 for Catholic beat two Valley defenders in the box after a throw in, took it to the line and turned in towards the goal with a bad angle. No one came to cover. He pretended he was going to pass it back and drilled it in the near post scoring Catholic's first goal. Catholic continued the pressure and Catholic's central midfielder #14 again scored with a well hit shot from outside the box. Catholic was able to hold on for the win. Good win for Catholic in their first game in the big division. Very impressed with Valley with a lot of speed and depth. #11 for Valley a really good player with good speed and flair. They also have a number of other good players. Catholic will need to develop some depth for the rest of the year, but they played well and with a lot of heart in the second half. Good luck to both teams. I am sure they will both do well.

This is second hand info, so please correct if wrong:

Catholic 2

Hardin Valley 1

Heard that there was a controversial "no goal" for Hardin Valley, and then Catholic caught them celebrating on a quick restart and scored.

Don't know much more than that.

Catholic had two great shots that were not off a quick start

A couple of schedule changes.

Carter will travel to Morristown W tonight. Kickoff will be at 8:00, this game will follow the Morristown E game.

Also, Carter will travel to Grace Christian on Friday...kickoff at 7:00. This game was rescheduled after the game was cancelled Monday.