Petition TSSAA to seed teams

deesnutz

Here's another idea; not perfect so don't cut me up too bad. TSSAA can form a selection committee consisting of 5 members/ea for West, Middle, & East Tennessee. They could monitor regular season play, district tournament, regional tournament, and substate. Once substate had ended the meet to determine seeding. Of course some format or criteria would have to be establised to explain the seeding.

Please no. :bored:

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

how manypeople thought that Manassas, Fulton, and White Station would win in their respective classes last year? I personally thought Fulton and White Station would win and figured it would be a toss up between Manassas and humbuldt for single A. so basically the favorites won so what really is the problem?

It doesn't if it doesn't matter if you don't care if the 8 very best teams there....

Just like you I would love to see the best 8 teams in the state make it to the tournament and have the two best teams playing for the title i just know thats a pipe dream and it wont happen ,and with so many schools its virtually impossible to make happen. I honestly think the only way to fairly seed the teams would be to use a strength + success ranking but once again the geniuses that run T$$AA arent smart enough to do that

There is no easy solution to this situation, and like I have said multiple times on here, I think the best solution is to leave it as is. What I was trying to say earlier was misunderstood. The state tournament is not set up so that the "overall, absolute best 8 teams in the state" make it to the Boro. You have to prove your worth by winning the district, region, substate, etc to get there. The point is to win state- bottom line. If you are good enough, you can make it out of your district, region, etc. Are some districts tougher than others? Of course, just like some conferences in the NCAA are tougher than others. It is what it is- people (fans) can either complain or help their teams get better. We could go on all day about whether the fourth place team from Humbboldt's district could beat Harriman or CSAS or Grace, but it is pointless. The fourth place team from that district was not able to make it out of their region, therefore they do not go to state. Deciding who the top 8 teams in the state are is pretty subjective anyway- I don't necessarily believe the fourth place team from Humbboldt's district would beat a Wayne Co. or Clarksville Academy or Harriman automatically. This argument is really no different than the debate about whether Miss. State should have been in the NCAA Tournament this year. Were they good? Yes. Could they beat some teams in the tournament? Sure. Could they also lose to plenty of teams in the tourney? You bet. The bottom line is, if you want to be in, beat the teams ahead of you. Otherwise, you sit at home and complain, when you have no one to blame but yourself.

This is how the Sectionals would have looked like....

Reg.1 Winner - Cloudland

Reg.4 Loser - Red Boiling Springs

Reg.4 Winner - Friendship Christian

Reg.1 Loser - Hampton

Reg.2 Winner - Oliver Springs

Reg.3 Loser - Grace Baptist

Reg.3 Winner - CSAS

Reg.2 Loser - Harriman

Reg.5 Winner - Clarksville Acd.

Reg.8 Loser - City University

Reg.8 Winner - Westwood

Reg.5 Loser - McEwen

Reg.6 Winner - Wayne County

Reg.7 Loser - Union City

Reg.7 Winner - Humboldt

Reg.6 Loser - Summertown

Exactly! That should be the way it goes! But you know the TSSAA will never allow that to happen!

i have a simple question

since some people think there are only 5 "good" teams in the state tournament

some one tell me who the 8 best teams in 1a are not who you think are the best 8 teams but which 8 teams are really the best ? and how you arrive at this decision ? not opinions because everyone has one of those because i bet there are people in wayne county, harriman, oliver springs that will argue that they are each one of the 8 best teams in the state are they really ? for that matter are they even the best teams in there reigons there are some fans in those areas that would argue they arent but they did something that most of the people who are on here complaining about the system didnt do they won there sectional game. so cry and whine all you want but let the kids on these so called "not good teams" enjoy ther accomplishments

oh and keep an eye on these not so good teams they might be better than you think

i have a simple question

some one tell me who the 8 best teams in 1a are not who you think are the best 8 teams but which 8 teams are really the best ? and how you arrive at this decision ? not opinions because everyone has one of those because i bet there are people in wayne county, harriman, oliver springs that will argue that they are each one of the 8 best teams in the state are they really ? for that matter are they even the best teams in there reigons there are some fans in those areas that would argue they arent but they did something that most of the people who are on here complaining about the system didnt do they won there sectional game. so cry and whine all you want but let the kids on these so called "not good teams" enjoy ther accomplishments

oh and keep an eye on these not so good teams they might be better than you think

Well, if you want to really go there with who are the best teams.... play some of the teams that didn't get to go to the state playoffs because of playing in one of the best regions in the state! Have those not so good teams play in a better region I BET they don't make it because of the teams that are among the best 8 teams! Trust me they wouldn't want to play in Regions 7 or 8!!!!!!!!

i have a simple question

Well, if you want to really go there with who are the best teams.... play some of the teams that didn't get to go to the state playoffs because of playing in one of the best regions in the state! Have those not so good teams play in a better region I BET they don't make it because of the teams that are among the best 8 teams! Trust me they wouldn't want to play in Regions 7 or 8!!!!!!!!

ETSU wouldnt wanna be in the SEC either but there on a plane to go play in the first round and Miss. State is sitting at home

i have a simple question

ETSU wouldnt wanna be in the SEC either but there on a plane to go play in the first round and Miss. State is sitting at home

Bad example... Mississippi State isn't at home!!!! ETSU will get DESTROYED by an SEC team, so basically you are proving the point I was making thanks!!!!!!!!

quote="creekerballer"]

i have a simple question

Bad example... Mississippi State isn't at home!!!! ETSU will get DESTROYED by an SEC team, so basically you are proving the point I was making thanks!!!!!!!!

how do i make your point. Miss St. isnt in the big dance ETSU is. the best 65 teams arent in the NCAA tourny but the ones that did what they have to are...and just like they said during the selection if your the 6th place team in the SEC dosent get a chance to play for the title i can live with that, so if the 4th place team in regions 7th and 8th dont get a chance im ok with that, there is no tournament with the best 8, 65 whatever # teams in it

The only people that don't want to see any changes are the people in East Tn and Middle Tn who don't have it so hard every year....

Look, the team I follow has 5 Gold Balls and we have to go through this every year, even when we were in AA we had to go through Memphis...All I'm saying is spread it around some....I can see why Wayne County, Summertown, McEwen or even Clarksville Acd. (most years) wouldn't want any part of 7 and 8 in a sectional round though.....I'm sure the folks that are opposite the Chattanooga guys wouldn't mind a little relief as well...

i have a simple question

Go look at the sectional round I proposed and pick those winners...Swap region match-ups in the sectional round, that's all I'm saying...You tell me if Summertown, Wayne County, McEwen or Clarksville Acd would have rather played the teams they did or play Westwood, City University, Union City or Humboldt....

I've been going to the state tournament quite alot and I keep hearing "just keep an eye out"...The only teams outside West Tn that catch my eye are Grace Baptist, Temple or CSAS...Usually nobody from far East Tn or Middle Tn....Clarksville Acd sounds like they may be someone to watch this year...