13A regular season thread

yoda52

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Huntingdon is getting stronger and stronger as the days go by. Played Friendship Christian (number one team in TN class A) last night and would have probably won if it wasn't for errors. Record doesn't say much but its by far the toughest schedule we've ever played. I believe we play Bruceton on Mon. and Tues. next week as well as rival Riverside on Thursday. These kids are playing great right now and will probably make another State Championship run this year as well

Clarksburg over West Carroll tonight 5-3 . A good pitching performance by both Logan Hampton and Brett Singleton . Clarksburg takes advantage of a couple errors in the first and two good hits by McClerkin and Hampton in the 5th to win. West Carroll strands way too many base runners again.

West Carroll over Clarksburg on tues. 12-2 pond out 14 hits , coould have used a few of those on mon. Dalton Dunn picks up the win to go to 4-1 on the season. Huntingdon clinches regular season 13a title with 4-3 win over Bruceton to go 8-0 with 2 district games left. The battle for the 2 seed is still up for grabs.

Huntingdon over West Carroll 12-2 in 5 innings today Jay Pierce gets the win and a home run and Sean Kendall with a grandslam . Huntingdon a good fastball hitting team . very good defensively and well coached. West Carroll had plenty of men on base but again could not cash in . Way too many errors as well. And the worst umpire behind the plate in high school baseball . He was fair , however , equally bad for both teams.

District 13A tournament 1st round Huntingdon 18 Big Sandy 2 ,Bruceton 8 Gleason 6 ,Clarksburg 9 Dresden 6 , and West Carroll 5 McKenzie 0 , Brett Singleton pitched a complete game shutout and hits a 2 run homerun . West Carroll plays excellent defense also. Hayden McClain adds 3 hits too.

I don't believe I would do that. Chances of beating Hunt are slim anyway. Save him for the next game for the #2 spot. Use him monday and you won't have him the next day should you lose. Clarksburg is setting in good shape to advance past the district for the 2nd consecutive year. Good luck guys! Keep playing hard! :thumb:

I wish I could get by to watch a game but there has been no way.

lots of talk about hampton pitching third straight game in district tournament. previous outing against huntingdon was 10-2 loss on april 12,2010. coaches are going to dance with the one that brought em'.