Columbia Falls Hard to MID TN Fire

xxsoccerxx

Columbia was clearly the weaker team in this match, i expected them to walk through this MID TN Fire team just because they were a homeschool team. Honestly, Mid TN fire worked the ball so well and so amazingly fast, id match them up with any team in the state. #9 #23 #7 and #12 were a very high powered set for the offence. Columbia Seems as if they only have #23 (midfield) on the offensive side and #6 (sweeper) on the other side of the ball. Mid tn fire was a very dominate team, and i am lookin foward to watch them play agin.

As for columbia, Good luck, yall are going to need more then those 2 players to compete in the region.

• Replies 14
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Mid TN Fire midfield and forward I think are as good as just about anybody in the state. There D is alright not great. But there keeper is a big weak spot. They live by a good offense is a good defense. I think i heard that in the mid and forward they have 4 seniors and 4 college signees.

. Honestly, Mid TN fire worked the ball so well and so amazingly fast, id match them up with any team in the state. #9 #23 #7 and #12 were a very high powered set for the offence. .

Not to offend anyone because Mid Tenn Fire is good but you are comparing to Columbia not even a top 25 team in the state if that. You insinuate that Mid Tenn Fire would match up or be as good as any team in the State after you saw them beat Columbia? Father Ryan , Bearden, Farragut,Maryville, Knox West would be a whole new game to Mid Tenn Fire and they could play with those teams but those teams mentioned could easily show you that the dominance you saw was because the team they were playing Columbia is so weak. I am glad that a Homeschool program was formed with such wonderful results and that obviously show they come to play and can dominate some schools

Columbia Played in state last year and heldup better aginst bearden then they did aginst this mid tn fire team.

before you just take and compare the mid tn fire vs columbia watch mid tn fire play.. anybody, its amazing at their movmment and offensive part of the ball.. its rather incredible. in wich btw columbia is a top 25 ranked team.. thought id throw that in. :]

Just some friendly advice for the Columbia supporters. You will fight a losing battle by discussing the strength of your teams opponents in a loss. I am in no way trying to be critical, just wanted to give some advice from someone who has been on these boards for a long time. Both Columbia and MTN Fire have quality squads, as well as Independence. I respect teams that go out and play competition that challenges them, and may even hand them a loss. Its a long season and it will only help your team when when the real season starts in May. Again, I only mention this b/c alot of people on this board tend to turn against you if it seems you are defending yourself in a loss, rather than praising your opponent for being better that day. I just don't want to see this turn ugly and have the players reading overly critical remarks about their team(s). Plus, I go way back with BigG, who moderates this board, and I know he will shut you guys down if it starts getting too personal. Feel free to tell me to mind my own business, but just wanted to throw that out there. Some of the posters on this thread seem to be new to the board or have very few posts. Good Luck to Columbia!!!!!

My comments in no way were intended to take anything away from the Md Tn Fire team! They clearly were the better team that day and are one hect of a good passing team. They move the ball very well and look for the cutting open man. They seem to always know where there team mates it is alsways a joy to watch a team like this no matter who you support! My comments were just posted after reading the ones of Pitch that Columbia was not a top 25 team and to quote "are so weak". Again congrats to Md TN Fire on a great game! You look at their schedule and they will answer those questions soon as to some of the teams he mentioned and how they will stack up. I think they close the season with Farrgart.

Columbia Played in state last year and heldup better aginst bearden then they did aginst this mid tn fire team.

before you just take and compare the mid tn fire vs columbia watch mid tn fire play.. anybody, its amazing at their movmment and offensive part of the ball.. its rather incredible. in wich btw columbia is a top 25 ranked team.. thought id throw that in. :]

Where did you see that columbia is a top 25 ranked team?