Fall 2010 Scouting Reports

scoop4612

They will be a senior heavy squad with a lot of experience. They have a very good forward in Beth Morgan who can score a lot of goals. Should be an interesting year in what should be a much-improved district, as (I think) most teams return a significant number of starters. In fact, I think--across the district--more freshmen started than seniors in the '09 season...

• 2 months later...

District 6-AAA teams include Cookeville, Cumberland County, Coffee County, White County, and Warren County.

Cumberland County lost quite a few seniors last year, but arguably their three best players--Abby Spitler, Ellie Krumpols, and Rebecca Kennedy--return and will lead that team. I don't know much else about them.

White County has some talent, but unfortunately there just isn't very much community support for soccer down there. Hats of to the coaches who do a great job for what they are given and the support they receive.

Warren County has a bevy of young talent. A very solid sophomore class comprised of girls who have been playing together for years. Alan Brownyard has done a good job building that class up. Not sure about their older players, but they will be a solid outfit this fall. Ayla Anish and Lauren Roller are names to watch--they form a solid pairing up top (at least for travel)

Coffee County should be solid. They are senior-laden and should be able to score a lot of goals.

I am very excited about our upcoming season. We are anticipating upwards of 50 girls trying out, which is a reflection of the hard work put in by Lauren Neal, Chris Edwards, James Green, Corey Boyd, and the various other folks at Upper Cumberland United Soccer Club for building up the area's soccer program. Around 30 girls will be trying out who played travel soccer this fall between UCUSC, FC Alliance, and Blount United SC, so there is an air of optimism around the team. We had a great season last year but did not have that tough of a schedule; this year, we've ramped up the schedule a little bit (Hendersonville, Ravenwood, Riverdale, etc.) and we're participating in the Tournament of Champions in Nashville, where there is always quality competition. I can't wait.

I think District 6 will turn some heads this year.