District 7AA

upcatch23

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sequatchie 11-0 over Grundy today in six innings. Sequatchie's Dawson pitched a no-hitter, no walks. Grundy had 3 get on via error, one on fielder's choice.

Sequatchie started out badly, 2 errors in the first three Grundy at-bats. They got an out at the end of one of those plays, then ended the scoring chance with a strikeout. Mitchell (so) had a hit for Sequatchie to start the bottom of the first, no more hits until the 5th.

In the 5th, Grundy helped them out but Sequatchie had some good production, too. One out, C Carlton (jr), Girdley (so) each single. Grundy then throws it away on a bunt and two score. Infield error on the next batter, too, and P Carlton (fr) scores. Mitchell singles and Tabor sacrifice bunts but Kilgore (fr) beats the throw to third, bases loaded. Burgess (sr) doubles, 5-0, Dawson (sr) walks to load the bases and Brock (jr) singles to score two more, 7-0. Carlton (jr) grounds out to add one more, 8-0.

In the sixth, Kilgore singles, Mitchell doubles for an RBI, then Tabor homers to end it.

Mitchell was 3-4, six others had a hit apiece. Good win over a good, experienced team.

Sequatchie 8-0 over CCS Tuesday. Chasity Carlton was 4-4, Brock 2-3 with a double. Payton Carlton, Tabor each hit a triple. Dawson pitched a one-hitter, nearly had her second straight district no-hitter. One batter had an infield single, the ball was knocked down and the batter got to first ahead of the play. She had a no-hitter last week, one ball went under a fielder's legs for an error, on another at-bat a runner who reached on error was out at second ahead of a bloop, making that hit a fielder's choice. I saw the team credited with two hits for that game, one a double. It's not a big deal at all, everyone scores different, it's just a bit of an annoyance when the team here has no batters over .400 and there are dozens listed as hitting over that around Chattanooga, several over .500. Sequatchie plays Notre Dame Thursday at home.

Indian,

Just because you score something a certain way doesn't make you right either. Do you have MLB training on scoring games? There are times your arrogance is really over the top. Your team wins 11-0 and you want to make a big deal over a hit or two.

I wrote the story based on the information given from the coach. Your girl did not have a no hitter. There was a hit in the game. After reviewing the stats there should have only been one hit credited to Grundy and not two but there was a hit none the less. It was not a no hitter.

However all that matters is who won. So congrats to Sequatchie.

DL (who has no arrogance. I know my place. I'm a part time writer for a weekly paper and an occasional stringer for larger publications. And I'm amazed at others who think they're more important than they actually are.)

It's not a big deal at all, everyone scores different

That was for anybody who saw the story and read differently than what was said on here or in the Free-Press, and I didn't mention Grundy particularly so I wasn't trying to put them down. I have nothing but respect for the Grundy coach and the job he's done since taking over. Everyone should. I mentioned it to explain further how well this one player is doing in the district. You and I both know the next game could be a 1-0 win by either team. That last game probably should have been 3-0, and if Sequatchie had not taken the momentum after Grundy errors who knows if they'd scored 3 late.

Which one do you think you got a hit? The final score is the most important stat by far, I definitely agree with that.

No-hitters do matter, it's a part of the game.

Softball and baseball are so stats-oriented, that's one reason I enjoy them. No arrogance or MLB training here, either. I just like getting it right whether it's the team or the opponent, and ask for opinion after games on plays often (including that Grundy game, on the two plays in question). I do dislike seeing teams credited with multiple hits on obvious errors, fielder's choice, stolen bases on wild pitches, and the like. Again, that's not to single out Grundy as one of those plays was not obvious and required quite a bit of thought. :thumb:

I agree. zip-zip until the the wheels fall off for Grundy. It will take some team playing a complete game to beat SC. Seeds 2-4 is up for grabs.

Sequatchie had to go to extra innings the other day against ND so any of the teams can be beaten. If Grundy can win out they can still get at least a #1 tie. Has Grundy played CCS yet. Sequatchie beat Bledsoe 11-1 Monday. Dawson hit a grand slam, her 8th HR of the year and 5th in the past few days. Bridgeman homered for Bledsoe, she's had a good career in 3 sports, something you don't see a lot anymore.