Bucksfan

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 23
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 months later...

It was at Harpeth. How did it go?

Which part? The scoring part or the turnover part? It was a controlled scrimmage of 10 consecutive plays on offense no matter what happened. Harpeth lost the scoring battle 2-1, but won the turnover battle 3-0 I think. I know there was 2 picks and 2 or 3 fumbles of which I remember Harpeth recovering at least one.

Check out ihigh.com and type in Harpeth High for the school. They filmed the whole scrimmage.

For Nashville Christian, their qb #5 threw it pretty good, #19 scored both TD's on long pass plays. #17 did a good job rushing.

For Harpeth, Tice, Tanner Cox and Kyle Odum didn't participate. Andrew McWright scored the only TD and Damean Sawyer caught a long pass that wound up at around the 3 on play 8 of a drive. Josh Dillon and Jeremiah Griffin had some decent runs, Dakota Seagraves and Hunter Spencer had big days on defense.

It's a toss up. When Harpeth had the passing game going they could score from anywhere on the field on these 10 play scrimmages. They are more balanced this time around and get yardage in shorter chunks.

Nashville Christian looked much improved from one first of the year scrimmage to the next. The long pass plays were just wheel routes with good execution. They ran hard, they're big up front and they're better coached. Lot's of dropped passes though and they lost the turnover battle big time. All 3 inside the 50 going toward their endzone.

• 1 month later...