District 11-AAA Standings

IndyEagle09

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

"Last year they had Colton Robertson, Tyler Harris, Michael Patton, and Joey Falletta. You're going to be more competitive when you have four quality arms instead of one."

Robertson missed 9 games due to suspension, Harris even more due to school issues. Others picked up the slack last year and I have rarely seen those players on the mound this year.

I don't believe that the coach only lets them swing 2 times at practice and bunt the rest of the time. I think for an honest evaluation, you need to come and watch one of their practices.

I was sitting and watching the guy bunt and if you watched his feet, it was not a sacrifice bunt, but it looked like a drag bunt. I have seen Franklin play a couple of times this year and have not seen many sacrifice bunts, but all drag bunts.

It is easy to sit on the outside and criticize coaching and players, but I am sure they are as well coached and work as hard as others teams on the same things. Maybe they are doing as well as they can!

The main problem at Franklin is the players and parents are not able to handle the strict discipline from the coaching staff. The coach is very strict and the Franklin parents and players just can't handle it. They are rebelling and it's so obvious to an outsider! Parents you need to look in the mirror if your trying to figure out your problems with the team.

As for Jake Little siitting the bench, ask his dad why he can't throw from short stop to first base most of the time. It's because he pitched Jake too much as a young player, it's so sad!

With all that said, Franklin does have some talent and I believe if they believed, they could upset some people in the District and the Region!!

The main problem at Franklin is the players and parents are not able to handle the strict discipline from the coaching staff. The coach is very strict and the Franklin parents and players just can't handle it. They are rebelling and it's so obvious to an outsider! Parents you need to look in the mirror if your trying to figure out your problems with the team.

As for Jake Little siitting the bench, ask his dad why he can't throw from short stop to first base most of the time. It's because he pitched Jake too much as a young player, it's so sad!

With all that said, Franklin does have some talent and I believe if they believed, they could upset some people in the District and the Region!!

ath11 - your post is the first intelligent post I have seen on this string about Franklin since the season started. Franklin has some talent and some very hard working ball players, but a few individuals don't make a team. Glover is building a team and that's not always easy - their time will come to start chalking up the wins.

ath11,

I think your claims are inaccurate for this one reason. These seniors and juniors were coached by Brent Alumbaugh. He instilled discipline in these players and got results from his style. So to say the parents and players are rebelling is not accurate. Sounds like Glover is destroying a once promising program. Maybe he should of stuck to middle school baseball. Any man who puts that one kid on 1st base that can't field a groundball shouldn't be a high school coach.

Indyeagle09 I have five points to make to you. Sounds like your dislike for Coach Glover gets in the way of your reasoning. If Alumbaugh was so good, why aren't any of the kids he coached from this team on the "History" list on the Franklin Baseball website? Which brings up another point, there are some great players on that list with great accolades, Alumbaugh had a lot to work with. It's easy to coach great players! Coach Glover has proven himself to be a very successful coach in Ga (state championships) and Tenn (yes, middle school championships). I believe he will prove himself again at Franklin!

My third point, you obviously have no idea about the discipline problems at Franklin this year, even before the season started! It's brings the team down.

Fourth point, I too, was confused about the first base situation at Indy. I bet that changes though!

Lastly, I hope the Rebels pull through and Indy too! I'm an Indy fan too!!!

ath11... the reason no one from the current team is on the history list is because they are current players. You make the history list once you graduate. And unless you are intimately involved in the team your suppositions are no more valid about Glover than anyone else. So if you know something first hand share. Otherwise respect the fact that others may have differing opinions than yours and are just as valid as the points you make.