District 11-AAA Standings

IndyEagle09

No one cares about the two cellar dwelling teams playing one another. What everyone should be talking about is the Independence vs. Ravenwood series that starts today. After a long regular season both these teams come in 11-1 in district play each losing to Brentwood once and sweeping the others. Independence is the defending tournament champs so they look to capture the school's first regular season crown.

Pitching- Advantage INDY- Miller, Toscano, and Wilson are the best trio in the district.

Hitting- Advantage INDY- Lee Brothers lead the way for a formidable offense.

Speed- Advantage Ravenwood- Those boys are always fast on the basepaths

Coaching- Even- Coach Moore and Coach Kirby are the best two coaches in the county.

Prediction- Indy wins 2 out 3.

Where and when?

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Last night, Indy moved one game closer to clinching the district title and automatic region berth. They got a solid pitching performance from Brian Miller and hit 3 HRs of Ravenwood's staff. I told you how good Indy was and no one believed me. They will clinch the district tonight.

Here is what the district standings look like after Monday's games. (Anyone know the Bwood-Cent. score?)

Indy (12-1)

Ravenwood (11-2)

Brentwood (8-4)

Centennial (4-8)

Franklin (3-10)

Hillsboro (0-13)

I talked to a Mt Juliet dad & he said the M.J. starter was their #3 pitcher. He was injured by a line drive in the 4th or 5th inning an went to the hospital. M.J. brought in another pitcher at that time & was ahead 6-5 going into the bottom of the 7th. At this time M.J. came with their #1 closer (Memphis State signee). Franklin scored 2 runs on a great bunt & over throw after getting a couple of lined drive hits, great base running & coaching. Franklin wins 7-6 with 1 out. The reason MJ didn't use their #1 pitcher, (Harper) Vandy signee) is that he had piched tuesday & was going to pitch monday against Beech. Great game between to good teams, both teams played well, no one played poorly. Franklin WILL win district 11 tournement beating Brentwood or Ravenwood in champenship game.

The Eagles are soaring baby!!!! I told you at the beginning of the year that Indy would win the tournament and what happened. Some of you may not like my predictions but if you look back they were pretty spot on. Now Indy has set itself up with a regional berth, however Coach Moore will not let them be satisfied as they want the # 1 district seed as that would avoid a 1st round match with Overton, who will be a tough out. Here are the final standings. Hey Franklin how does the bottom half of the standings feel.

Final Standings

Indy- (13-2)

Ravenwood- (12-3)

Brentwood- (11-4)

Franklin- (5-10)

Centennial- (4-11)

Hillsboro- (0-15)

Anyone know how the district tournament will be formatted?