District 6AAA

tromo

• Replies 29
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Big game series with coffee county. which cavalier team going to show up. the one that can hit or the one that cant hit a slow pitcher except for third baseman
Close game, both teams played hard. Spurgeon pithced a complete game stricking out 15. Giving up 4 runs. Cookeville hit the ball when needed scoring 6, played good defense. Manchester played well, hit the ball hard when they hit. Tomorrow will be tough. Wish both teams the best of luck.

Big game series with coffee county. which cavalier team going to show up. the one that can hit or the one that cant hit a slow pitcher except for third baseman

First of all, Kudos to Cookeville. They are a very good team that wanted it more than us last night. You all played hard and got the hits when you needed them. NOW, to address the STUPID comment above. Not going to address the comment about Davis being slow. Think he showed last night that he can heat it up when needed. Being able to throw heat every pitch does not make for a great pitcher. Being able to throw MANY different pitches makes for a great pitcher. Also being able to control the runners on base and not letting them get into his head. OH, and lets not forget the AWESOME pickoff move he executed several times for pickoffs! Now to the comment about your third baseman being the only one who can hit slow pitches. I'm glad he can hit slow pitching because he sure can't field a ground ball. See you tonight. Oh, by the way, what IS the going rate for a one sided umpire in Cookeville these days. Guess we will find out tonight, if it is anything like last year!!!!!!!!

"vikings444"]

First of all, Kudos to Cookeville. They are a very good team that wanted it more than us last night. You all played hard and got the hits when you needed them. NOW, to address the STUPID comment above. Not going to address the comment about Davis being slow. Think he showed last night that he can heat it up when needed. Being able to throw heat every pitch does not make for a great pitcher. Being able to throw MANY different pitches makes for a great pitcher. Also being able to control the runners on base and not letting them get into his head. OH, and lets not forget the AWESOME pickoff move he executed several times for pickoffs! Now to the comment about your third baseman being the only one who can hit slow pitches. I'm glad he can hit slow pitching because he sure can't field a ground ball. See you tonight. Oh, by the way, what IS the going rate for a one sided umpire in Cookeville these days. Guess we will find out tonight, if it is anything like last year!!!!!!!!

To the Coffee County smart person who really watched the game. Since you didnt see your 6'5 ish 250lb pitcher step on our 3rd basemans hand during a pickle and gash it open,you obviously didnt understand why he bobbled. Besides a swelled hand bleeding into the glove,i guess he doesnt have an excuse for not being able to snatch the ball with a closed hand. But he did make the play that counted to end the game! Before that i think he gunned out a few at first.

• 3 weeks later...

I was going to offer congrats to coffee county but after all their vulgar remarks i guess your just a bunch of red necks. driving down from knoxville to watch this game i would have to say cc had a good game plan make our 3rd baseman make the play, and i still see we are playing a catcher that cant hit or throw anybody out, but despite our coaching we still almost beat you. but hope to see you in the region championship because we will stick it to you and keep pouring it on. so go ahead and spew your

vulgarites and classless acts. i thought cc was well coached but if he allows this my opinion of him just dropped. of course i sure he couldnt care less about my opinion

I was going to offer congrats to coffee county but after all their vulgar remarks i guess your just a bunch of red necks. driving down from knoxville to watch this game i would have to say cc had a good game plan make our 3rd baseman make the play, and i still see we are playing a catcher that cant hit or throw anybody out, but despite our coaching we still almost beat you. but hope to see you in the region championship because we will stick it to you and keep pouring it on. so go ahead and spew your

vulgarites and classless acts. i thought cc was well coached but if he allows this my opinion of him just dropped. of course i sure he couldnt care less about my opinion

Tromo,

I'm still not sure who exactly you are a fan of? BUT, let's get real. What came from ONE parent / grandparent from the Coffee County side after the game was ridiculously embarassing, classless, criminal, whatever you wish to call it. And I agree. But you shouldn't judge the Coffee County community as a whole by one parents actions. That wouldn't be right just as I shouldn't judge Cookeville's fan base by the way you act or one person gets on here and acts. I was treated well in Cookeville and always have been, whether I'm there for baesball, football or basketball. And I believe that Cookeville is returned the favor when they travel to Manchester. That said, I am embarassed, and from Coffee County I would like to apologize. BUT, you know as well as I do, coach Jones can't control his parents any better than you can control the weather tomorrow. If you think otherwise, then my opinion of you just dropped. But, then again, I'm sure you couldn't care less about my opinion.

Cookeville is a good team. I think they will beat Soddy Monday, especially with Spurgeon (sp) on the hill. He is tough. Good luck, hope 6-AAA is represented well in both games Monday.

Good post.

Coach Jones was not happy with what happen and he and several of the players apologized more than once. You can not judge an entire town by one persons remarks. As a former Cookevillian I always enjoy the trips up there and tonights game was a great one, it should not be tarnished by one person saying something stupid after the game.