Collinwood coach is out

shustrang

This is not true. Mt.Pleasant up until 2007 was in D12. Was called Haylong( I believe) for many years. Also when Richland school was built in the 80's they were in D12. Remember Coach Dwight Clark of Richland?

District 12A boys tournament for 1990 played in Collinwood. Clifton had bye. Perry Co played Collinwood - Perry Co won. Wayne Co played Summertown - Summertown won. Summertown played Clifton for District 12 championship - Clifton won. Wayne Co. played Perry Co. for 3rd place - Wayne Co. won. There was no Santa Fe, Mt. Pleasant, CA, Culleoka, Hampshire, etc because they were not in District 12A but they were in Region 6A then.

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

District 12A boys tournament for 1990 played in Collinwood. Clifton had bye. Perry Co played Collinwood - Perry Co won. Wayne Co played Summertown - Summertown won. Summertown played Clifton for District 12 championship - Clifton won. Wayne Co. played Perry Co. for 3rd place - Wayne Co. won. There was no Santa Fe, Mt. Pleasant, CA, Culleoka, Hampshire, etc because they were not in District 12A but they were in Region 6A then.

Never. I repeat never has it been a 5 team district.Contact the TSSAA and you will get your answer. You will not like it.

Never. I repeat never has it been a 5 team district.Contact the TSSAA and you will get your answer. You will not like it.

sorry cat but im afraid it was a 5-team district at one point...as a former player in high school from 1989-1992, im positive it was WC, Cwood, Clifton, Stown, and PC...my freshman year we were 3rd in season and faced Clifton in first round who was 2nd...we won in OT and then lost to Mia Daniel's Trojanettes in the finals (who played the winner of Stown-PC 4/5 game in the semis) but then upset them a week later in the region finals at Cully...now, more teams were added in the mid- to late 90s such as the ones mentioned like Hampshire, CA, Mt. Pleasant, Zion, Santa Fe and then some were moved back to 11A (which I'm sure they were thankful for) and then Loretto was moved from AA to A last season and placed in 12A (i've heard they have over 550 students...is this true?)

the craziest thing i've heard as far as districting goes, though, is that cornersville and forrest are both in marshall county but don't even play each other! they are not in the same district, nor in the same region...and both are Class A!

Mt Pleasant did a short stint in AA in the early to mid-80's.The Maury county schools all were in 11A from the 1987-88 season to the 1996-97 season. Spring Hill was in until they moved to AA starting with the 1993-94 season. BGA was in for the 1991-92 and 1992-93 seasons. The Maury schools moved back to 12A, except for Culleoka, in the 1997-98 season. Zion joined 12A in the 2002-03 season. CA and Santa Fe moved to 11A in the 2005-06 season. Then it went to the current districts in 2009-2010.

Mt Pleasant did a short stint in AA in the early to mid-80's.The Maury county schools all were in 11A from the 1987-88 season to the 1996-97 season. Spring Hill was in until they moved to AA starting with the 1993-94 season. BGA was in for the 1991-92 and 1992-93 seasons. The Maury schools moved back to 12A, except for Culleoka, in the 1997-98 season. Zion joined 12A in the 2002-03 season. CA and Santa Fe moved to 11A in the 2005-06 season. Then it went to the current districts in 2009-2010.

Completely forgot about BGA.

sorry cat but im afraid it was a 5-team district at one point...as a former player in high school from 1989-1992, im positive it was WC, Cwood, Clifton, Stown, and PC...my freshman year we were 3rd in season and faced Clifton in first round who was 2nd...we won in OT and then lost to Mia Daniel's Trojanettes in the finals (who played the winner of Stown-PC 4/5 game in the semis) but then upset them a week later in the region finals at Cully...now, more teams were added in the mid- to late 90s such as the ones mentioned like Hampshire, CA, Mt. Pleasant, Zion, Santa Fe and then some were moved back to 11A (which I'm sure they were thankful for) and then Loretto was moved from AA to A last season and placed in 12A (i've heard they have over 550 students...is this true?)

the craziest thing i've heard as far as districting goes, though, is that cornersville and forrest are both in marshall county but don't even play each other! they are not in the same district, nor in the same region...and both are Class A!

Yeah this is definitely correct. I played in the early 90s and it was only a 5-team district then.

This is true. I played in late 80's and early 90's and district was only Collinwood, Perry Couty, Clifton, Summertown, and Wayne Co.

You both are wrong actually. I played from 2004-2007 and mt pleasant zion and hampshire were in district 12A all 4 years. There has been maury county teams in this district as a former player i know this for a fact. If you still feel that you are right and i am wrong i will gladly post our schedule from one of these years to let you know. Thanks

You both are wrong actually. I played from 2004-2007 and mt pleasant zion and hampshire were in district 12A all 4 years. There has been maury county teams in this district as a former player i know this for a fact. If you still feel that you are right and i am wrong i will gladly post our schedule from one of these years to let you know. Thanks

I was only referring to the District 12A teams from about 1988 - 1991 or 92. I have no idea when it changed but it was definitely those 5 teams during my playing days. I'm sure by your playing time in 2004 it was very different.

Keep in mind we are only talking BASKETBALL here. You are correct that those other teams were in District 12A for other sports such as softball and baseball, but they were not in basketball. In basketball, all of those other teams made up district 11A. At one point, 11A was nothing but Maury County teams, then it expanded and now includes Cornersville and Richland, who used to be a AA school back in the 90's.

2002-2003 sidtrict 12A BASKETBALL consisted of.. Summertown, Waynesboro, Clifton, Collinwood, Perry County, Columbia Acadamy, Santa Fe, Hampshier, Zion Christian, and Mt. Pleasant!!!! END OF DISCUSSIOn.. this IS NOT arguable.. this did not change untill 2005-2006. CA and Sante Fe went to 11A and there was 8.. it was like this untill i believe 2009-2010..

Vandychris please give up on this.. people that played then and still have schedules with a D or * beside these teams.. those Maury county teams were not just region 6A teams they were district 12A as well..

YOU CAN NOT ARGUE A PROVEN FACT!!!! PLEASE LET IT GO

2002-2003 sidtrict 12A BASKETBALL consisted of.. Summertown, Waynesboro, Clifton, Collinwood, Perry County, Columbia Acadamy, Santa Fe, Hampshier, Zion Christian, and Mt. Pleasant!!!! END OF DISCUSSIOn.. this IS NOT arguable.. this did not change untill 2005-2006. CA and Sante Fe went to 11A and there was 8.. it was like this untill i believe 2009-2010..

Vandychris please give up on this.. people that played then and still have schedules with a D or * beside these teams.. those Maury county teams were not just region 6A teams they were district 12A as well..

YOU CAN NOT ARGUE A PROVEN FACT!!!! PLEASE LET IT GO

I started going to the games in 1991 and at that time it was 5 teams. I promise you. It remained 5 teams through the graduation of the Jason Burleson class at Summertown. It may have changed some after that. Then in 2001 when Cwood had Jace Bryant on the team that was like 20-3 that was upset by Summertown in the District finals (it may have been region finals), it was back to the 5 team district. You have a guy that played during the time frame I am talking about telling you I am right, what more dont you understand? Do you remmeber the season that Kirk Haston was a freshman? It was a 5 team district tourney at Waynesboro.

• 9 months later...

I started going to the games in 1991 and at that time it was 5 teams. I promise you. It remained 5 teams through the graduation of the Jason Burleson class at Summertown. It may have changed some after that. Then in 2001 when Cwood had Jace Bryant on the team that was like 20-3 that was upset by Summertown in the District finals (it may have been region finals), it was back to the 5 team district. You have a guy that played during the time frame I am talking about telling you I am right, what more dont you understand? Do you remmeber the season that Kirk Haston was a freshman? It was a 5 team district tourney at Waynesboro.

I never made any argument saying that it was never a 5 team district. I am telling you that at one point(not making an argument, but stating a fact)district 12A WAS A 9-10 TEAM DISTRICT. From 2001-2005(possibly a year or two before) dist 12A was Waynesboro, Clifton, S'town, Collinwood, Perry Co., Hampshire, Santa Fe, Columbia Ac, Mt. Pleasant and Zion(02-05). Im not sure why you want to dispute this

and Bryant graduated in 2000

LETS END THIS click here http://www.coacht.com/tennessee/inside/schedule.cfm?schoolid=86&sportid=3&seasonid=5