District 4 Games This Week

wiredtowin

It appears Bearden won 2-1 and so did West at least this was the score with a minute left in the game. A great hustle goal by Tanner at the end won it. LC deserved better as they had more possession and better chances.

Tanner had nothing to do with either goal in the LC West game. He was completely shut down, his break-aways and his throw ins. The game was tied for the entirety of the second half until #23 Alex put his second one in. Good game though. Both teams played their hearts out.

Sorry soccerkeeper but Alex scored the first and Tanner the second. His own coach stated so in the local paper and I know that I am old but I am not blind yet. You had me wondering there for a minute. The goal came from a great cross from the keepers right. You are right though Tanner was not effective for most of the game. LC's keeper is outstanding and Tanner did not get fed a lot of balls. Most of West's opportunities came from Tanner's throws. West's mids had trouble both holding and distributing the ball. They also missed McCoy. As I said earlier I am sure LC feels they deserved better.

• Replies 22
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Knox News Sentinel said that Tanner had the goal. Not saying that the Sentinel is always right, but that was what was recorded (and I believe quoted about by the West Coach).

The KNS also said the Jack Mccoy didnt' play in the game because he was playing in an all-star game in London. Nice spin--maybe he is in England but he would not have played if he was in Knoxville because of a red card received in the Bearden tournament for a blatant, cleats-up foul. Whoever fed the KNS reporter that line needs to man up.

Wiredtowin

Your pre-game analysis of this game was right on. LC had the better of it in my opinion. LC looked more skillfull than when I saw them earlier and they have a great goalie that will keep them in a lot of games.

In my opinion, Lenoir City has the best keeper in the district.

I do not think he dropped one of Tanner's throws all night. He may have punched one away. He was also outstanding in a prior game I saw him. He kept LC in that game . I haven't seen a better one this year but I have not seen all teams yet.

Farragut 2 Catholic 0. Nice and easy. Catholic played hard and did not quit under difficult circumstances.

Farragut was overpowering both with quality and numbers. Stinton both goals. Muth cleaned up in the back. Congratulations to both teams for a well played clean game.

Farragut 2 Catholic 0. Nice and easy. Catholic played hard and did not quit under difficult circumstances.

Farragut was overpowering both with quality and numbers. Stinton both goals. Muth cleaned up in the back. Congratulations to both teams for a well played clean game.

I wasn't at the game but heard Catholics' keeper handled a pass back? The amazing thing is they have a U16 ODP keeper playing field on their JV??? That's hard to figure....

I wasn't at the game but heard Catholics' keeper handled a pass back? The amazing thing is they have a U16 ODP keeper playing field on their JV??? That's hard to figure....

There was some question whether it was an intentional back pass. The official saw it differently. Catholic defenders could have defended better on the resulting kick. Keeper had a good game and has been playing really well. I am sure Catholic is not blaming either the ref or the keeper for the loss.