A/AA Rankings

reaction

Nothing like a boring day in the office to come up with some of my own rankings. No need to make changes, these are correct.

1. CAK - Sorry G, can't pay me like you do MJ to not put the target on your guys back. We haven't even seen the real 2010 Warriors yet. Ben Holt coming soon.

2. CCS - Don't like them, but can't argue the results. Could possibly be a new #1 if they could beat McCallie later today.

3. Kingsbury - Don't know much about them. Dropped from AAA to A/AA. They were successful in AAA making the state tournament last year. Haven't lost this year. Thats good enough for me to rank ya.

4. Notre Dame - Coach Schermerhorn always has his teams ready. They have played a tough schedule that will help them come tournament time. Big match up with CCS next week.

5. Boyd Buchanan - Boyd Buchanan has a tough stretch at the end of the season that will do nothing but help them once the tournament comes. Starts with Knox Catholic on Thursday. Bucs lost a great defender to a torn ACL and MCL. Haven't missed a beat though posting 2 shut outs since then.

6. Alcoa - Nice schedule Akula. What you trying to do over there, be the first to win a state title with a losing record? 4 more tough games to go, CAK, Farragut, Maryville, and Oak Ridge. Alcoa will be battle tested, that is for sure. On a positive note, no A/AA team has came within 6 points of the Tornadoes. :roflol:

7. Fairview - They have won me over by defeating Hume Fogg last night 2-1. Next week they take on Spring Hill and Columbia Academy. I am interested to see how the game with CA comes out. I have not heard a lot about them this year, but they usually field a decent team.

8. Hume Fogg - The loss to Fairview dropped HF down to 8. If they meet again, I'm sure HF will want revenge.

9. CPA - A few tough losses for the Lions, but I think they will be ok when the games start to matter. Match up later in the season with HF will be big.

10. Hixson - The only undefeated team in A/AA. This very well could be due to the fact that A. They are a very good team, or B. The combined W-L-T for Hixson's opponents is a whopping 27-60-6 according to Eurosport website. We will find out in a few hours since the Wildcats will face off against the toughest team on the schedule, Baylor.

I mean, seriously? There is no way we should be #1, and no, I am not just saying that because I like to fly under the radar.

Give credit where credit is due!

CCS is rockin'. They should be #1 BASED ON THIS SEASON! I think it is silly to say "well, CAK won state last year, so they should be #1". Bull. You could say "CAK is the state champs until someone else wins state" and that would be valid. But to say that we should be top seed with the results we have had this year (regardless of reasons) is ridiculous. If you don't think CCS should be #1, then I think Kingsbury has proven itself worthy, as well.

Alcoa and CAK both have brutal opponents, and to answer your question for him, if we have a losing season, but still win state, it will be worth all of the losses to get to that point. I remember playing CCS a few years back in the state finals that was barely .500. Who cares if you lose against power teams! If it prepares you for the later games, then so be it. It also can come back and bite you (playing power teams and getting worn down physically and mentally) but those are the risks you take when you are a smaller school. And this is coming from the insane coach that schedules Farragut for his senior night. Yeah, we may get spanked by the future national champions that evening, but we also may over come all odds and win. What a memory that would be! And if we don't, then I will congratulate the Admirals and wish them the best on an undefeated season, as well as give a big hug to my good friend coach Culbreth.

This game is not a destination, it is a journey. I want to enjoy every minute I have with my boys, especially my seniors. I don't know what will unfold, but regardless, I will find joy in it somehow, and also find quite a few laughs on the way.

Enough preaching by me. Reaction, go back to work.

Reaction,

To my knowledge Kingsbury, Hixon, Marshall County, and Clarksville Academy are all undefeated, and of those Kingsbury is the only one with a tie. I have yet to see some of today's results.

We played Columbia Academy last night. They have a very good team. Kade Morgan was a very high quality player. I thought the 2-0 score was a little unreflective of the game since one of the goals was a god awful call by the ref for a pk, and the first goal was a huge mistake by our keeper who could have stayed at home and made an easy save, but these things happen. CA played a great game. What is unbelievable is that they do not have a single senior on the team.

I will wait to give my rankings until this weekend's games are over. A lot of good games to be played.

Reaction,

To my knowledge Kingsbury, Hixon, Marshall County, and Clarksville Academy are all undefeated, and of those Kingsbury is the only one with a tie. I have yet to see some of today's results.

We played Columbia Academy last night. They have a very good team. Kade Morgan was a very high quality player. I thought the 2-0 score was a little unreflective of the game since one of the goals was a god awful call by the ref for a pk, and the first goal was a huge mistake by our keeper who could have stayed at home and made an easy save, but these things happen. CA played a great game. What is unbelievable is that they do not have a single senior on the team.

I will wait to give my rankings until this weekend's games are over. A lot of good games to be played.

Ya CA usually is always in the mix of things. A lot of there results are not posted on the eurosport high school site where I get most of my score info. That is probably why I missed Marshall Co and Clarksville Academy. Schedule may not be fully posted on there. Kingsbury I just straight up missed. The funny thing is, if you read what I put about Kingsbury, I put they haven't lost. :roflol:

Fairview is a very strong team. They have a great group of Seniors who have been starting for some time. Their keeper made a fantastic save on a Pk with about 5 min. left to preserve the win for them.

They should be able to make a nice run in the playoffs but I am sure Spring Hill and Columbia A. will give them a challenge.

I still think the top teams right now are out east and should remain so in the next poll.

CCS/McCallie score is accurate. I posted a game summary on CCSvMcCallie post. Great match. Could have gone either way. I realize undefeated counts for something, but CCS's one loss is to Bearden, 1-0, and their 2 ties are with Dalton, 5-A powerhouse in GA, and today's match with McCallie, #1 or #2 in D-II, and they have strong wins over 3-A schools Cookeville, Science Hill, and Shelbyville.

Believe Big G is dead on with respect to scheduling. Preseason matches with Baylor and PJPII have been critical to CCS's defensive success as they helped iron out problems that resulted in 4 goals in those two games. Since that time, CCS has given up just 4 goals. CCS has a very tough match against Notre Dame on Tuesday and 3-A Cleveland left on the schedule the following week. If they are ranked #1, they will have to continue to post big wins.

Have heard the Hixson score is accurate. That is a big win for that program, although Baylor lost 6-1 last week to MBA. I guess I can no longer call them my dark horse. Well done Hixson. Makes their region very interesting with Boyd Buchanan, Sweetwater, and new program East Hamilton 7-1 I believe with only lost coming to CCS, not to mention upset minded East Ridge from last year.

Nothing like a boring day in the office to come up with some of my own rankings. No need to make changes, these are correct.

1. CAK - Sorry G, can't pay me like you do MJ to not put the target on your guys back. We haven't even seen the real 2010 Warriors yet. Ben Holt coming soon.

2. CCS - Don't like them, but can't argue the results. Could possibly be a new #1 if they could beat McCallie later today.

Boom.

I mean, seriously? There is no way we should be #1, and no, I am not just saying that because I like to fly under the radar.

Give credit where credit is due!

CCS is rockin'. They should be #1 BASED ON THIS SEASON! I think it is silly to say "well, CAK won state last year, so they should be #1". Bull. You could say "CAK is the state champs until someone else wins state" and that would be valid. But to say that we should be top seed with the results we have had this year (regardless of reasons) is ridiculous. If you don't think CCS should be #1, then I think Kingsbury has proven itself worthy, as well.

Alcoa and CAK both have brutal opponents, and to answer your question for him, if we have a losing season, but still win state, it will be worth all of the losses to get to that point. I remember playing CCS a few years back in the state finals that was barely .500.

You guys have won SIX of the previous SEVEN state championships. This isn't even a tough call. Maybe if an A/AA team actually beats you.

And, that team was sub .500 until the state semifinal game if I recall correctly.

I know atleast 1 person will agree with me on this. Where you at Coniglio?

CCS could ranked #1 in the nation and I wouldn't rank them #1. LOL

If CCS was ranked #1 in the nation, I'd file a petition for them to be dropped to #2 and put CAK at #1. Not even kidding. I am SO with you on this.

Ok here is my top 18 at the end of the week with the results that have been posted:

1-CCS

2-Kinsbury

3-Hixson

4-Fairview

5-Boyd

6-Hume Fogg

7-CPA

8-Columbia Academy

9-CAK

10-Notre Dame

11-Alcoa

12-Clarksville Academy