Possible Job Ideas:in case coaching doesn't work out.

mrsnoitall

1. Politician- This one is easy. Excellent at spinning the truth. Familiar with scandal.

2. Lawyer- Capable of confusing the simple-minded by the distortion of ethics, morals, or rules of conduct.

3. Chiropractor- Mastering the art of manipulation is key.

4. A Pimp- Ability to use and degrade others is essential. Preferrably young, naive girls.

5. Accountant- Are numbers and statistics getting you down? No problem, just "fudge 'em". Need an error to be a hit or vice-versa? With an eraser and your imagination the sky is the limit!

6. Farmer- Comfortable with living, working, hanging around, and spreading manure.

7. A Wolf in Sheep's Clothing- Or is it "cheap clothing"? Anyway, you get the picture.

8. Magician- Capable of making the dreams of young girls, parents, coaches, schools, and teams just "disappear".

9. Or any job that glorifies and rewards scheming, plotting, or convoluting.(That's kinda a big word. Take Tylenol for a headache).

Most coaches are great! Those that are know who they are and won't need this list. The rest, however, also know who they are (if they still have a conscience). :hungry:

1. Politician- This one is easy. Excellent at spinning the truth. Familiar with scandal.

2. Lawyer- Capable of confusing the simple-minded by the distortion of ethics, morals, or rules of conduct.

3. Chiropractor- Mastering the art of manipulation is key.

4. A Pimp- Ability to use and degrade others is essential. Preferrably young, naive girls.

5. Accountant- Are numbers and statistics getting you down? No problem, just "fudge 'em". Need an error to be a hit or vice-versa? With an eraser and your imagination the sky is the limit!

6. Farmer- Comfortable with living, working, hanging around, and spreading manure.

7. A Wolf in Sheep's Clothing- Or is it "cheap clothing"? Anyway, you get the picture.

8. Magician- Capable of making the dreams of young girls, parents, coaches, schools, and teams just "disappear".

9. Or any job that glorifies and rewards scheming, plotting, or convoluting.(That's kinda a big word. Take Tylenol for a headache).

Most coaches are great! Those that are know who they are and won't need this list. The rest, however, also know who they are (if they still have a conscience). :o

So, basically what you're saying is......the coach at (insert high school) sucks because my daughter isn't the starting shortstop. Am I close?

I have had the honor of working with and becoming friends with over a hundred coaches. No, exaggeration. MOST, with the exeption of maybe 4 or 5, have been (and still are) REALLY great! I have a few kids that have played/playing several sports. So I do have a little experience. Also, my husband has coached several years. This was not a jab at good coaches. Like I said, they know who they are. :o

I have had the honor of working with and becoming friends with over a hundred coaches. No, exaggeration. MOST, with the exeption of maybe 4 or 5, have been (and still are) REALLY great! I have a few kids that have played/playing several sports. So I do have a little experience. Also, my husband has coached several years. This was not a jab at good coaches. Like I said, they know who they are. :roflol:

I'm confused! :roflol:

So if you've made such great relationships with so many great coaches, then why take the time to write out such a long thought out post about how awful you seem to think coaches are?

My thoughts exactly. Most coaches feel like they have a Bull's Eye painted on their back at least half of the time.

You think?

I know a coach who is one of the most respected coaches in the mid-state who has put more girls in D1, has won state several times, is a Christian, great father, great husband, kind, dedicated, loves all types of kids, honest, carin and etc....... than anyone that I know. But just a few years ago he had parents who question what he was doin and wanted to get him fired....now folks somethin is wrong with this picture! Coachin just ain’t the same as it used to be a few years ago, cause these parents are sendin their princess's to pitchin lessons, hittin lessons and they think because they go that they are good. Well I hate to be the one to bust their bubble but cause you go doesn’t mean that your princess’s will be good!

Yep sometimes I wonder why coaches put up with some of the dumb, stupid, unintelligent, slow parents who are at the game runnin that mouth. Cause they have played, coach a little travel ball or seen it on TV makes them an expert. But the good coaches put quality hours in learnin somethin new about the game, studyin the game, scoutin other teams, reading about the sport, goin to clinics. This coaches are taken time away from their families and children and spending them with kids who parents are dumb _ _ _ if you know what I mean. Then they have to take these15-20 girls with different home life, different morals, different values, different intelligence levels, different economic backgrounds, girls worrying about their home life, boyfriends, jobs, and havin there parents runnin that mouth at the games at the umps, other parents or anyone that will just listen.

My mama always told me if you can’t say nothin nice about someone just keep that mouth shut. Now folks don’t you think if that loud mouth at the game will talk about the coach, the umps, other players on the team they will talk about your daughter and you as well. You better believe it cause if you think that you are special just wait and you be talked about soon or later.

The good book says the hardest thing to control is that tongue and just go to the park and you will see what God is a talkin about!

:roflol:

So if you've made such great relationships with so many great coaches, then why take the time to write out such a long thought out post about how awful you seem to think coaches are?

My thoughts exactly. Most coaches feel like they have a Bull's Eye painted on their back at least half of the time.

You think?

I know a coach who is one of the most respected coaches in the mid-state who has put more girls in D1, has won state several times, is a Christian, great father, great husband, kind, dedicated, loves all types of kids, honest, carin and etc....... than anyone that I know. But just a few years ago he had parents who question what he was doin and wanted to get him fired....now folks somethin is wrong with this picture! Coachin just ain’t the same as it used to be a few years ago, cause these parents are sendin their princess's to pitchin lessons, hittin lessons and they think because they go that they are good. Well I hate to be the one to bust their bubble but cause you go doesn’t mean that your princess’s will be good!

Yep sometimes I wonder why coaches put up with some of the dumb, stupid, unintelligent, slow parents who are at the game runnin that mouth. Cause they have played, coach a little travel ball or seen it on TV makes them an expert. But the good coaches put quality hours in learnin somethin new about the game, studyin the game, scoutin other teams, reading about the sport, goin to clinics. This coaches are taken time away from their families and children and spending them with kids who parents are dumb _ _ _ if you know what I mean. Then they have to take these15-20 girls with different home life, different morals, different values, different intelligence levels, different economic backgrounds, girls worrying about their home life, boyfriends, jobs, and havin there parents runnin that mouth at the games at the umps, other parents or anyone that will just listen.

My mama always told me if you can’t say nothin nice about someone just keep that mouth shut. Now folks don’t you think if that loud mouth at the game will talk about the coach, the umps, other players on the team they will talk about your daughter and you as well. You better believe it cause if you think that you are special just wait and you be talked about soon or later.

The good book says the hardest thing to control is that tongue and just go to the park and you will see what God is a talkin about!

Could I get an "AMEN" from the congregation. Tell it brother, preach on!!!!!!!! I'm feeling it!!!! :roflol:

You think?

Could I get an "AMEN" from the congregation. Tell it brother, preach on!!!!!!!! I'm feeling it!!!! :thumb:

I over heard at the game the other night a father tellin another father how to field ground balls, and how to break on a fly ball. Now his daughter had K twice and ground to third the other time and he was a tellin the folks next to him what a bad job them coaches were a doin. Again them coaches have to deal with a loud mouth explainin the art of fieldin when his baby couldn't hit a beach ball. Yep, he would be the one that I would listen to about coachin! :roflol:

"MrNoitAll wrote:

I over heard at the game the other night a father tellin another father how to field ground balls, and how to break on a fly ball. Now his daughter had K twice and ground to third the other time and he was a tellin the folks next to him what a bad job them coaches were a doin. Again them coaches have to deal with a loud mouth explainin the art of fieldin when his baby couldn't hit a beach ball. Yep, he would be the one that I would listen to about coachin!

Sounds like several I know.

Once again, I AGREE! MOST ARE GREAT! Some are not. Some lie to win because that is all they care about. Not the girls. They take their God given talent and use it for their glory. They become proud and can no longer accept defeat as an option even if it means sacrificing their integrity. Again, let me be clear as I can. I have had more contact with coaches than probably most on this site. 95% have been awesome. That is a good percentage, don't you think? So don't label me a coach basher. dry.gif